BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

3D view placed on layout is blank

canvea
Booster
Hi,
I have a problem with 3d views showing up as white/blank when placed on a layout. I have tried Fit frame to Drawing, Full Precision Preview etc and they are on Auto-update. If I right-click and pick "Open source view" it looks just as it should in the 3D window. They also appear blank when I publish, which is a big problem. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for any response!

Archicad 23, Windows 10 Pro, graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro P4000
AC24 Norway • Fujitsu • Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2123 CPU @ 3.60GHz • 32GB ram • Windows 10 Pro • NVIDIA Quadro P4000
40 REPLIES 40
DAC
Newcomer

This is still happening in 2024. I note that the last input from Graphisoft on this post was in 2021 - a generic response and no feedback after thier Q's were answered.

This is costing us all time we have not got and, at the last stage of publication when the stakes are higher.

Come on GS

Mats Knutsson
Enthusiast

Still in 27...(bad word of choice put here) 

Open the drawing selection settings and switch between Fit frame to drawing and manually resize frame. (+ fit in window)

Had this issue on windows + mac laptops.  

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-26 om 05.51.55.png

Apple M1 Max 32 GB Ventura
AC27

Glad to know I'm not the only one still facing this issue (and on AC27)

Cuba - does switching between Fit to frame and Manually resized frame fix the issue for you? 

cuba
Advocate

It does not always occur. If you have an empty frame, the drawing without a frame does appear somewhere far outside the drawing. By switching, the frame is around the drawing again, but it may be outside the layout. You just have to move it then. Sometimes this happens for several drawings on a layout, sometimes there is no problem. (only happend on ac27)

AC27

Nothing worked...except turning off and on the computer and change to fit frame to drawing...

Gerry Leonor
Advisor

had the exact issue with a guy in our office just then. placing a saved 3D window view into the layout resulted in a blank drawing. nothing worked. messing with the Drawing boundary & zoom didn't do anything. opening the source view (3D window) was OK -- no issues at all. pretty much everything that's been discussed in this thread.

the solution i proposed was to use a 3D Document version of the 3D view. this fixed it & the empty drawing error doesn't happen anymore.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Did you guys try it with the latest Ac27 Update that just came out?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

apologies -- i should've mentioned, we're in 25, in the earlier response. can't say for everyone else.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

Updating did not help....

AC27
Learn and get certified!