BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Anybody using Reviewer successfully?

I am about to give up on the web Reviewer. I thought it was going to be incredibly useful, but it's turned out to be very problematic, including:

1) No way for redlines to be saved back to the web by users other than the top level administrator. You have to review and send comments during that session.

2) DWF's look terrible. Many solid lines look like dashed lines. Some plans look like demolition plans, it's so bad. (See screen capture attachment)

3) No easy way to save and review multiple schemes.

4) I've had a number of doors not show up on plans. The accuracy of the DWF's is questionable.

Just wondering if ANYBODY is having a positive experience with web reviews. If so, what's the secret? (I'm thinking probably really low expectations).

Reviewer DWF.JPG
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm setting up a hybrid forum/reviewer environment to handle my current clients. It's still in the works, but you can take a look at it here.

Unfortunately, you need to have an account that allows you to create multiple FTP accounts. You essentially set up an account for CLIENT1 to allow ftp access to www.blah-blah.com\projects\CLIENT1. This allows your client to change files in that area ONLY, and not the rest of your site.

As far as the dwf being nice and scaleable. . .no. I have worked around this by adding attachments of .pdf files via amyuni pdf converter through plotmaker.
Learn and get certified!