BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Archicad 26 and text editing problems

Frillex
Advocate

Helle everyone, 

Does anyone else have problems with editing text in Archicad 26? 

When I'm done editing a text in a text block, I have a 50% chance to have archicad behave very strange. 

It's hard to explain but it's like all the graphical changes on the screen is freezed.

Draged objects won't follow cursor

The cursor won't change when hovering over a line or a nod. 

etc. etc.

Anyhow, I have talked to our local reseller and Graphisoft. They can't find a solution and claim that we are the only ones effected by this. 

So I'm just wondering if anyone else have any problems when editing text in archicad 26. 

PS. I use Mac

Regards

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
8 REPLIES 8
Thomas Holm
Booster

HI

I've used Archicad on Macs for a long time and don't have the issue you mention on AC26 SWE current edition 5002, MacOS Ventura 13.4, MacBookPro 2019 Intel. But I've had issues with text long ago. I would suspect a font issue. The Mac supports a number of different font formats, and all apps don't like that, especially if the font is exotic in any way, like ancient Postscript type 1 fonts.

Test this by restarting your machine and then opening a vanilla (empty) .pln file from the default template, (delivered with your ACversion)  , and insert some text with one of the default fonts (like Helvetica, Ariel). If this works OK, my guess is you have either a font or a memory issue. (Too little system RAM, or a too crappy graphics card for your design/file size might get these results too.)

Best wishes, Thomas

AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1

I will try this right away! 

Thanks

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Frillex
Advocate

I deleted every special font on my computer and tried to reproduce the "bug" on both the Swedish standard template and our company template. 

The problem never occurred. 

Does Archicad files store fonts internally in the -pln? Or is it always linked to the computers fonts?

Regards

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Archicad only uses those fonts installed in your operating system.

It does not store any fonts internally.

I don't have a Mac, so I do not know what type of fonts you need to install there.

In Windows it is True type and Open type fonts.

I see there are a few Raster font types installed as well, but these don't show in Archicad.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Frillex
Advocate

@Barry Kelly Thanks! 

@Thomas Holm I havn't had any issues ever sense I deleted my special fonts. But I haven't worked much either. I'll get back to you in a few days. 

Thanks

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Frillex
Advocate

It didn't help... 😞

The problem still exists. But It seems like it's only linked to projects that have been migrated to AC 26.

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Do you have the latest update for 26 (build 5002)?
I know there was a fix for text positioning being wrong when opening old version files in 26.

It may not be related, but it is usually good to have the latest update.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry, yes, I even reinstalled Archicad today to see if it helped. 

I have an open support ticket with Graphisoft, hopefully they will find something. 

It's just that they've been trying to figure it out for month now and im getting a little tiered of this 😛

I hoped someone else had the same problem and knew a solution. 

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Learn and get certified!