BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Auto renamed folders in publisher set are re-renamed based on active layout

WERKSTATT
Contributor

Hi,

I am experiencing the following problem and I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or something else is up.

When renaming folders (created by "Add shortcut") in the publisher set (merged into a single pdf) which uses the autotexts <SUBSETID> and <SUBSETNAME> the actual subset ID's and subset names are changed to the subset ID and subset name of whatever layout isactive as a tab/window. 

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-08 om 08.33.05.png

Closing the tab with the layout results in a folder name where the autotext is only displaying #SUBSETID and #SUBSETNAME.

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-08 om 10.06.51.png

Only workaround I have found is:

- renaming and publishing each folder one by one with a layout active from the corresponding subset with the file to be published in first place in the publisher set or else. Not doing so gets the file renamed after publishing to the active layout or to #SUBSETID and #SUBSETNAME when the layout tab is closed.

   

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-08 om 10.25.43.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

That button also eluded me the first time as well. Our local service agent just notified me that this is indeed a bug, filed under: DEF-16976. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

As far as I know, the Rename items command will give correct results only for items within folders, but not for folders. You are trying to Rename Folders, and I think this is the reason it does not work.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

When folders are moved/created from the layout book to a publisher set by means of the "add shortcut" button in the organizer the option rename folder can handle Autotext. These folders are recognizable by the blueish tint and the shortcut arrow on the folder. 

See this image where the date with the configuration YYMMDD is added by the autotext strings <YEARSHORT><MONTHNUMBER><DAYOFMONTH>.

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-13 om 12.01.53.png

When you drag the folder from the layout book side of the organizer to the publisher set side the rename folder option can't handle auto text strings. These folders are greyish and don't have the shortcut arrow. See this image where this folder is renamed as <YEARSHORT><MONTHNUMBER><DAYOFMONTH>. 

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-13 om 12.02.00.png

Haven't tested all the autotext strings but apart from the <SUBSETID> and <SUBSETNAME> they seem to work just fine when renaming folders this way. I would expect all of them to work or not at all when having this rename folder option available.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I was not aware of this. Since there was no pop-up list that offered Autotext items like in the case of Renaming Items, I assumed no Autotext works.

Also, you have to use the "Add Shortcut" button for it to work, which is additional piece of the puzzle.

Thanks for this info.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution

That button also eluded me the first time as well. Our local service agent just notified me that this is indeed a bug, filed under: DEF-16976. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.

Learn and get certified!