BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

BEST PRACTICE: How are you doing FSRs?

Aurasphere
Advocate

I was using GDL and embedded text file...is there now a better way???

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

9 REPLIES 9
Aurasphere
Advocate

Really, does no one automate Floor Space Ratios?

Mark Wesse
Aurasphere - Acoustics

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/27/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC27_Help%2F045_Prope...

Example 7 may be similar to what you want?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks 

Yes I have been through this but it does not allow global variable transactions which is critical for FSR ie summary of all room zones as against another zones site area

I also did the tutorial on youtube for glazing compliance and this does not actually work, if anyone went into the detail

Windows are fine but doors may/not contribute to glazing based on the glazing contained within the component, else an opaque eg wood door should not and does not contribute illumination. 
The pipeline through a zone does not expose this information so these examples are unfortunately wrong

Mark Wesse
Aurasphere - Acoustics

All I can suggest is that you have a 'master area' property that is associated to all zones.

It can be a just a value (area) that you adjust in the properties.

The downside is this value can not be locked (there is a wish for that already).

If left as 'default value' in the element settings, then it will automatically change as you adjust the property value in property settings.

It is just there is nothing stopping anyone from overriding that value in the element settings and once adjusted, it will remain adjusted until it is set back to 'default settings'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I appreciate your time @Barry Kelly 

This is a long way short of live model and BIM ie user input.

Looks like I bring back a lot of the old stuff I had going but its very disappointing and I shudder to think that others are doing it manually for the cost and yearly payment of archicad.

I wont mention that 'other' program that easily does this 😞

Global referencing is such a 101 for coding...dont mean to be neg but I think its time some peeps at GS got a bit of a shake up else they will be out of a job...or maybe they have plants in HQ to make sure it does fizzle out? Its happened before

Mark Wesse
Aurasphere - Acoustics

Hi @Aurasphere, I am using a fill with area auto calculated in my CI Tools for FSR and yes I manually calculate the %age. It certainly would be great to have auto FSR Zones that auto calculate. BTW is it the “R” word app that you are referring to ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

@mthd 

Thats my frustration. Look I do have a much simpler GDL way using a text file as a global repository from about 20 years ago. It does all the % etc but my expectation was that it should all be simple stuff now. It also allows certain councils which dont count void spaces etc to be flagged with a dropdown in an object etc

Ultimately

Project Info should be accessible info whereby the choice of compliance/council is selected from a lookup table of preset parameters and used globally throughout the project, not just as a read only text but numeric via props and GDL ie a connected program exemplary of committee unity

Ah yeah...the dreaded R. Mind you it has its own quite painful issues to be sure but this is not one of them.

Mark Wesse
Aurasphere - Acoustics

@Aurasphere, I am waiting to see how they are doing BOQ’s in Hong Kong. I am not one who codes but there should be a way to export floor area to XL and put the calculation rules in the cells. If you have a video on how it is done in Revit, that would be good to share and make a wish for a similar tool. After all that is directly related to Architecture.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Aurasphere
Advocate

Ok

I ended up setting up a discrete set of parameters in project info and piping them in but it was hard work and cost me a lot more time than it should have. Its possible to do pretty much all the compliance issues parametrically and just use the compliance bounds;  then use the maths in properties to generate all the tables which brings me back to the issue of not being able to append/subreports in layouts...missing for 20 years 😞
At least all of the data is live now

Aurasphere_0-1710368844631.png

Aurasphere_1-1710369557322.png

Mark Wesse
Aurasphere - Acoustics

Learn and get certified!