BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

CREATE more than one layout book please

cocoloco
Advocate

We are working in MacBook so the publisher sets where we can create a couple is useless since we only can save one page (with the MacBook publisher which does not ruin quality). 

It would be great and life-saving to have ability to create more than 1 project layouts. (we create more because one is more client facing and second is more construction and details related... The only way to separate it is to create MANY layouts and then search between them what is clients and what is constructions... This should be really much easier interface already to make this happen.

IF it is SO impossible to do 2 different layout books, can you at least let me save Publisher book layouts as many as I want instead of just one page? (MACBOOK USER)

I am sure we aren't only one who would appreciate some extra and *actually* useful time saving features... 

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I am not sure I understand your issue.

You can only have one layout book per file, but you can have as many folders in that layout book as you need.

I have folders for sketch plans and construction plans, even for different page size layouts.

Then I set up publisher sets that publish only the layout folders that I want.

I create 'shortcuts' so if there is a change to the layouts, the publisher updates automatically.

I merger the publisher set so it creates a single PDF with all of the pages.

I am not aware that Macbooks behave any differently - but then I don't have one.

BarryKelly_0-1711589238382.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not sure that I follow the Mac part but I have never really understood the reasoning behind the limitation to a single layout book... 

Me neither. I also feel the annual updates are so unrelated for me. 

regarding the MacBook part - so when you publish layout standardly , the quality is BAD, imported fonts don’t save properly and so on…. So archicad has a special way to save layouts for MacBook users. I just found it recently. (It was life changing when I did lol).

anyway so…. We are able to make 2 publisher sets (not layoutbook but ok)  but MacBook users , the way MacBook have to save in order to maintain quality - I am only able to select one layout in that damn publisher set . So I need to save one by one.😂 I clearly don’t have time for this and not sure like why this part feels so under developer control when archicad had been here with us for quite some time and seems like they are working on some improvements. I just wish the improvements would somehow benefit me (interior design) 

Solution

I am not sure I understand your issue.

You can only have one layout book per file, but you can have as many folders in that layout book as you need.

I have folders for sketch plans and construction plans, even for different page size layouts.

Then I set up publisher sets that publish only the layout folders that I want.

I create 'shortcuts' so if there is a change to the layouts, the publisher updates automatically.

I merger the publisher set so it creates a single PDF with all of the pages.

I am not aware that Macbooks behave any differently - but then I don't have one.

BarryKelly_0-1711589238382.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Is there another thread here on Community where you have illustrated and described whatever quality issue you have with fonts etc on your MacBook?   I'm not aware of any quality issues  with publishing or saving layouts under macOS.  If there is not an existing thread about your issue, please create one in the Documentation forum to describe your issue and receive some feedback from users.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Yes here: so now I am saving everything through File > Print > Save as Pdf and it works. Maintain quality, colors, all.... through publisher the quality would change including colors and it was not presentable at all. 

Learn and get certified!