BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cannot Cast Shadow through Windows to the Interior

Ym7
Participant

Can anyone tell me why I cannot cast the shadow when using the 3D Style:  Detailed Shading (with shadow clicked on)?  On the other hand, I can have the shadow of window frame inside the room when chose another 3D Style: White Model with shadow.  

p.s. I attached two screenshots for illustration.Detailed Shading with "shadow" clicked onDetailed Shading with "shadow" clicked onWhite Model with ShadowWhite Model with Shadow

4 REPLIES 4
4dProof
Advisor

is one using hardware acceleration and the other using internal?

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
4dProof
Advisor

view > on screen view options > 3d styles.
don't rely on the view naming, check the actual view settings

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Both use hardware acceleration.  The one without "interior" windows is vectorial shading. 

I avoid the vectorial engine; it's slower on big files and goes wire frame on you with any navigation, which is crazy annoying to me

Learn and get certified!