BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Deleted Section Source Marker

Samuel00
Participant

Hello,

I am completely new to ArchiCad and I started following a tutorial on YouTube during which I accidentally deleted the section markers (I think). Regardless, the section markers have disappeared and I don't know how to restore the interface to default.
How do I get the section markers back in the ground floor view?

Thank you in advance.

Image 2024-03-10 at 15.42.jpeg

See attached image.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14 Sonoma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

But. is that the template file after you accidentally deleted the sections?

What happens when you open a new template?

If they are still missing, then you somehow managed to delete the sections and re-save as the default template - hard to do accidentally, but not impossible I guess.

It is very easy to just add new section markers.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Miha Nahtigal
Advocate

Obviously you did delete your section markers (there are no section viewpoint on the right - in project explorer).

Unfortunately deleting sections/elevations is not undoable. You can only place a new ones.

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation with Archicad AddOn :: rushing to publish a beta preview

What if I reinstalled ArchiCAD?

Miha Nahtigal
Advocate

Section viewpoint is just an element inside your project - it is not connected to AC installation

You can just create a new project with default template selected. Section markers and viewpoints will appear as defined in a template.

You can draw sections "by hand". Select section button in your left side toolbar (first icon under "Viewpoint" group) and draw your section line however you want. Section viewpoint for the section line will appear on the right side palette.

BIMquants.comBETA - Quantities and Costs Estimation with Archicad AddOn :: rushing to publish a beta preview

Thank you for your replies Miha,
The strange thing is that even when I quit ArchiCAD and create a new project with the default template, the section markers are still missing. I understand that I can make my 'own' sections but I just want the interface to look the same as it did when I first downloaded the software.😅 Is there any way to restore the default interface?

Are you sure that when you start a New Project, you select the "Template" option and select the default Archicad Template?

If you select the "Latest Project Settings" option, all settings will be based on the Project you just worked on, which does not have Sections in it.

NewProjectDialog.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you for your reply Laszlo.
Yes I select "Template" each time and the section markers are still missing unfortunately 😕

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you use the Open command and Open the Template file for editing?

When you opened it, can you show us a screenshot of the Project Map of the Navigator Palette?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I understand your instructions, could you explain step-by-step where to click?
In the previous screenshot I have the template file open and the project map is showing on the right.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

OK, I don't know why your Template file doe snot contain any Section Viewpoints.

I guess then you just have to recreate them by placing Section Markers on the Floor Plan, it does not take much time.

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!