BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensining Composite Walls to the center

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to dimension my Composite Walls on center?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Assuming your reference line is not down the center.
What does your composite look like?
You could fake it by splitting your center material in two. This will give you a live dimension point. For the line between use the white masking pen so it won't print.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how they look when I am working and then in the Layout Book I have the red as a 30%black and the pink (low wall) as a 15%black.

I already split the walls with a "long spaced doted line".

I know already how to dimension from face to face of walls or using the core components (which I prefer) so it dimensions from face to face of structural components.

Right now If I want to dimension from center to center of walls I need to use the little node created by the "CENTER SPLIT LINE" at the end (or intersection) of each wall, but it creates room for errors and is not the most efficient way to do it.

Is there some type of trick or configuration I am missing here? Because it would be nice to be able to use the AUTOMATIC DIMENSIONING for instance
Erika Epstein
Booster
Fran,

I add the dimension where I get a check mark; Select dimension string and add a node when you see the check mark.

Also, be sure to have on the wall settings 'enable skin priorities' checked.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!