Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Documentation standards in the Philippines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

This is perhaps a little outside the scope of an archicad forum, but I'm hoping there's some Archicad users out there from the Philippines that can help me out here.

I'm doing some documentation in the Philippines for a commercial fitout and the construction documentation guidelines provided by the operator of the mall require that the "blueprints" be on 20 inch by 30 inch paper. Which prompts 2 questions:

1. I'm wondering if they mean 'blueprint' literally or figuratively - is it standard practice in the Philippines to provide documentation as blueprints? and if so, is there any special preparation that needs to be done in archicad in order to get documents printed in blueprint format (I've never used a blueprint in my life, so I'm really not sure how one goes about printing it, I actually thought that style of documentation was completely obsolete?)

2. and secondly, 20x30in paper? from my research that seems to be an antiquated british imperial paper size, Double Crown, that is no longer used anymore, certainly not in the UK anyway - is it even possible to print on that size paper in the phillipines?

Any local knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou,
1 REPLY 1
vistasp
Advisor
Nick00R, if they're specifically asking for that size of paper, I'm guessing they do have imperial sizes available to them. I know we still get them in India - though not as easily as we once did.

As regards blueprints (gaah, I can still remember the smell) all I can advise you to do is to make sure your layouts are readable in monochrome because that is what the final output will be. Of course, if they are only figuratively referring to blueprints then you're on a much better wicket.

Maybe ask them to clarify.

Cheers.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |