BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Enlarging a part of a floor plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a floor plan, and I'm trying to enlarge the bathroom, and add dimensions & details. How can I do that? Thank you for your help!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thus is how I do it:

Open the view of the floor plan you want. Click the save current view button at the bottom of the navigator. In the dialog that opens, set the scale, and other settings as appropriate for your enlarged plan.

I would typically create a new layer combination called "enlarged plan", selecting what layers I want to see, turning off layers like the text used in the 1/4" plan and creating new layers, like "A-NOTES-PLAN-ENLARGED"
Barry Kelly
Some people use the detail or worksheet tools which work OK but are not true live views of the plan.
Personally I don't like that.
Here is a detailed explanation of the way I (and I think many others) do it.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=34976

There is another method using a solid white fill that covers your floor plan with a hole in it that exposes the part of the floor plan you want to see enlarged.
Then you need new layers and layer combination for you large scale text and dimensioning (the white fill goes in one of these layers) and you have to juggle the display order to have everything it above or behind the fill depending on what you want to see.
I find the method I use easier.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!