BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphic override for label

DavorP
Enthusiast

Hi,
I have a simple Text/Autotext label. It is set as autotext, reading the associated element ID. I would like to override it based on the content of the autotext. Override works for "Text Content" but there is no "Autotext Content" criteria.

Since labels don't have properties, that path is not possible.

I went down the rabbit hole of modifying one custom GDL label and played around with GLOB_ID which should be the element ID. I plugged it in the interface script. First field (globID IN) is a parameter (glob_ID_IN), then I do GLOB_ID = glob_ID_IN, and in the next line I print the GLOB_ID. It Prints whatever I input so I am assuming I am actually changing the ID of the label? But perhaps not since GO is still not overriding the label.

BIM manager
3 REPLIES 3
DavorP
Enthusiast

Screenshot 2023-08-28 163709.jpg
BIM manager
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

GLOB_ID is a read-only parameter in GDL.

It is not possible to set the value of GLOB_ID, and therefore the value of the Library Part's Element ID from the GDL Script.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DavorP
Enthusiast

Thanks Laszlo

I've come up with a few alternative solutions. Janky AF but that's nothing new.

1. Add " " as text before and after the autotext and set condition "Text Content" - "Starts with" a space and "Ends with" a space.

2. Create a unique line type, apply to a line that is switched off for the label, then set this unique line type as criteria for GO

3. Use any of the Plan/Section attributes: Arrowhead Pen/ Pen/ Pointer Pen/ Text Pen, same as with 2.

Screenshot 2023-09-04 095125.jpg
BIM manager
Learn and get certified!