BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Graphisoft Learn Ebook: Detailing - Workflow Guide

keronbwan
Participant

Has anyone looked into this Ebook? Aimed at Advanced users and at a reasonable price.

I am hesitant at getting it as I may not actually learn new information or insight per the topic at hand presented in the book.

Any thoughts, experience stories most welcomed!

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

Do you have an SSA (Service Support Agreement) or Forward agreement?

If so, the e-book is free if you apply the code.

I have never read it so I can't say if it is good or not.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Marc H
Advisor

I've looked through these guides in the SSA content area.  From what I reviewed, I would characterize most of the content as most relevant to a BIM managers role within an office.  The guides contain several flow charts, grids, and approaches to setting up office template/s, sectioning and detailing the model for various needs, collaboration methods, and so forth.  The building diagrams they utilize are fairly straightforward conditions: two story home, commercial floor, etc).  What workflow content I did not see in my quick read-through were suggestions of a variety of element modeling approaches, tricks for a variety of unusual circumstances, or the many ways to use various elements to achieve stated goals (where this forum is much more educational).

With that, depending on your present AC skill and role, may find them very useful or just helpful in making sure you are well organized in your BIM setup. Perhaps GS can provide for you the content outlines  and/or some sample pages to help determine the added value for you.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Learn and get certified!