BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout - Grey color setting ?

Andreas81ch
Booster

Hi there, see the question in the 2nd forum post.

ArchiCAD v6.5 - 27 / macOS / Windows
Switzerland (Schweiz)
7 REPLIES 7
Andreas81ch
Booster

Sorry, something was wrong with the first forum post...  (pressed to early enter......)

> My question, which color setting is in the layout with the color grey (From 1-255) ?

Because the grey colors on working sheet is not the same...... !!???

LAYOUT

Layout_Grey color setting question.png

WORKING SHEET

Grey_Graustufen Arbeitsblatt_working sheet.png

Switzerland (Schweiz)

??   

SteveJepson_0-1710348544945.png

The color displayed for the Layouts is independent of the color the Layouts will be printed.  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Hi there, its not the master layout in the background.

I mean that the head with infos is with colors, when I import a drawing what is with colors, I switch this to "Grey" color options in Layout.

My question ist, when I want to use the greycolor on working sheet, some materials in 2d in background became other grey-colors, as with the grey-colors in the layout. Because I want to switch the materials, that shows correct in the layouts...... 

Switzerland (Schweiz)

Hi there again,

here with some screenshots with my question about grey in working sheet and in layout:

Colors_01_Pen-Set from Working-Sheet OK.jpeg

Colors_02_Pen-Set from Working-Sheet OK.jpeg

Colors_03_GREY setting on Layout.jpeg

Colors_04_GREY setting on Layout OK.jpeg

Colors_05_GREY set working sheet not as in layout.jpeg

Switzerland (Schweiz)

Choosing 'Greyscale' will allow Archicad to convert your pen set to an equivalent greyscale - it may not be what you expect.

If you want to use your particular grey pen set, leave it as 'defined by pen set' and just set your own grey pen set.

BarryKelly_0-1710404534603.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

.... The Greyscale in working sheet looks ugly and I want to know, what pen setting has the Greyscale in the layout (Colors:)....

Because they don't look the same!

Switzerland (Schweiz)

The automatic grey scale conversion simply changes your current coloured pens to a grey scale.

White should remain white, black should still be black and all colours in between will be a shade of grey.

I don't know how it is converted, I assume paler colours will be a lighter grey and darker colours will be a darker grey.

If you have a pen set that is set up with the grey colours you want, just use that.

Even when you print that in colour, you will get the grey tomes you have set up.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!