BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Minimal Space and MVO

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to see how the minimal spaces and MVO would fly so that we don't have to use 2D linework all the time. I must say I like the MVO option but the big issue so far is not having the option to turn on or off the minimal spaces parameter within most objects. For instance, I would only need to lay out minimal space diagrams in front of key areas such as a sink, dishwasher, or fridge, not in front of the single cabinet in between that stores the cookie sheets. I also noticed almost all the furniture have minimal space parameters and they all do not require to show minimal spacing.

My current workaround is adjust the minimal space of those objects not needing it to 1/32" or go back to 2D until I find out there is an option to toggle it on/off among objects or MVO because it may be more time consuming adjusting all the objects to "hide" minimal spaces at 1/32". Just bringing this up to see if anyone else had similar issues or other ideas. Also perhaps creating awareness of this and hopefully generating a new toggle on/off switch for minimal spaces. Maybe for the next library update?
2 REPLIES 2
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Yes -- Each object should have a parameter with settings: "On", "Off", and "as in MVO". It shouldn't be all-or-nothing -- there are always exceptions. For example, we indicate all of our existing doors with a "Straight" swing to distinguish them from new doors with a "Curved" swing. Now there is no way to achieve this. The "Minimal Space" issue is another very good point.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I agree that you should have an ON/OFF switch with which you can use the LibraryGlobal or not.
This is an obvious choice, but until GS fixes this you can add this piece of code into the macro "fa_minimalspace" (you have to extract the library and modify this macro that is in the folder Macros 13/Base Macros 13)

First line in the 2D Script of "fa_minimalspace":

IF MSFront=.999 OR MSBack=.999 OR MSSide=.999 OR MSSide2=.999 OR MSFront2=.999 OR MSRear=.999 OR MSLength=.999 OR diff=.999 OR diff2 =.999 OR diff3=.999 THEN END

This way when one of the dimensions from the minimal space of an object is 999mm the Minimal Space is not drawn.
Learn and get certified!