BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Missing Model View Options

4dProof
Advisor

Attempting to resurrect an old thread got no response... so I'll rehash the issue here in a NEW one!
Model View Options go missing. This is a problem. We need a solution. This has been happening for years. Documents are going out to permit with no door or window markers. Contractors are getting site plans they can't read because they are littered with door and window markers.
More and more options are getting added to the MVO settings. MVO's are getting way more useful. Show cabinet swing. Merge slab surfaces. Beams center line or outline. Light fixtures symbolic or projected... But all of this is for naught if we have to spend 2 days scrubbing through our documents to make sure the MVO's aren't shooting us in the foot.
Is there any plan to fix AC to prevent MVO's going missing? I have 3 clients who see this issue regularly. I have seen it in my own projects from time to time.
Help me Graphisoft, your my only hope! Still seeing this in AC 26 v5002.
And yes... we are all on the most recent build of AC for all versions. All working on Mac, for the most part (but with my wide range of clients, there is a mix of mac intel, mac silicon, windows).

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
13 REPLIES 13
4dProof
Advisor

I'd like to add that this is even worse, as the MVO's will show correctly in the drawing manager, but in the view summary at the bottom fo the navigator, it will show something like : "A2 - Floor Plans [Missing]"... and A2 - Floor Plans is most DEFINITELY NOT missing!

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
cmartonffy
Booster

I agree 4dProof - thanks for resurrecting this!

This recurring "missing MVO" issue which is documented in many forum posts is REALLY making our life difficult. It is definitely taking the "shine" off of the promise of a brave new BIM world.

Reducing the number of mouse clicks and repetitive work is a priority and has enabled my small company to accomplish as much as it has with Archicad, but we are really feeling the pain on this issue.

I sit at my desk and continually hear the staff wasting time from the studio floor having to re-link MVO's every publication.

My staff is now reluctant to make ANY changes to MVO settings - which reduces drawing control.

Every time we publish we have to relink MVO's even if they were relinked the week prior on another publication.

If it is an error on our end or if there is a best practice we are missing please let us know what it is.  If it is a known bug, please make it a priority to fix it in AC 27 & 27.

We have several complex projects in AC 26 and need to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your assistance Graphisoft!

AC 23 | INTEL i9-9900 64GB RAM| NVIDIA QUADRO P1000 4 GB GDDR5 |WIN 10
USER SINCE AC 19
4dProof
Advisor

just to further demonstrate the issue:

Shows missing in navigator properties:

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 3.41.57 PM.png

Shows missing in view settings:

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 3.42.04 PM.png

Does NOT show missing in view list:

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 3.44.05 PM.png

Does NOT show missing in drawing manager:

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 3.43.58 PM.png

Model View Options are not, in fact "missing", except for in the view settings:

Screen Shot 2023-08-17 at 3.48.42 PM.png

All this said, the views randomly apply whatever MVO settings the software feels like... if your MVO is set to show door/window markers, they wont show when they are missing. If your mvo is set to show cabinet or door operations in elevation, they wont show when they are missing.
Maybe I'm impatient on this... but 4+ years seems like a long time for this horrible bug to keep getting swept under the rug.

4dProof
Advisor

further pressing the importance of this. I do not see a single file I have open on any of the 3 BIM servers I am working with that DOESNT have at least one view with missing MVO settings. The biggest file I have open has approximately 350-400 views in the view map. Approximately 1/2-2/3 of them have missing model view options.

If I'm tasked with going view by view to find those and fix them, knowing full well I'll need to do it again next time I need to publish the set, how do I not lose faith in the software?

4dProof
Advisor

since this is still getting the crickets... I'll bump it again... here's a file I'm working on today. Most worksheets and schedules in the view map are missing their MVO's, and ALL the interior elevations are... anyone here from GS or with connections to GS able to relay the crucial need to get on top of this?

 (here is a small sample of the views in the file missing the MVO setting)           

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.02.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.03.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.03.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.04.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.04.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.04.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.06.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.06.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.06.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.07.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-08-18 at 10.07.38 AM.png

4dProof
Advisor

all right... lets keep this party rolling...
suggestions so far:
-save a .pln, open and repair, share new. Does not prevent this from happening
-clear prefs/caches, join back in. still happens
-reservation (or lack of) of MVO when creating views is not the trigger
-library and HLM's purged, missing MVO still persist
-deleting entire model (plans and 3d elements), missing MVO persists
-single user file (not having multiple local data connections ever) still have missing MVO's

At this point, I have to wonder at who do I send the bill to for trouble shooting issues that have persisted as known bugs for years?

4dProof
Advisor

still traction... I'm squeaking these wheels as much as I can here! gimme some grease!

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate

Don't give up!  I feel your pain!!!

MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
cmartonffy
Booster

Positive news, but will keep you posted ... sorry our responses on this issue have lapsed, but thankfully we are super busy.

Reading Graphisoft's published repair:

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/ac26/improvements-list

AC26 4019 & 4022 Repairs

DEF-4010 TEAMWORK: A newly created MVO sometimes appeared missing to other teamwork users.

and under the Support Team's advice we:

1. Saved an "offending" teamwork file as a PLN in the latest AC26 5002.
  2. Relinked all "missing" MVO's and resaved.
  3. Next, uploaded the newly saved PLN to teamwork under a different name that the offending file.
  4. So far, so good - all remote users have tried altering MVO's and changing MVO's in views without the "missing MVO" message recurring.

It's not an easy repair for large files or many files to repair, but it appears that moving forward, newly crerated projects should be fee if thie issue.

Will keep you posted if anything changes.  Please report your experiences with this.

Best,

Claudio

AC 23 | INTEL i9-9900 64GB RAM| NVIDIA QUADRO P1000 4 GB GDDR5 |WIN 10
USER SINCE AC 19
Learn and get certified!