Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Patterns of the Glasses

Hi there, Can you please help me with changing the pattern of my glasses? Whenever I try to change the pattern of one, it changes the pattern of all of them.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 8.20.34 AM.png

 s

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Just go to the Surface Settings Dialog, duplicate your Surface, specify the name for the Duplicate, then select your Windows and assign this new Surface for their glass.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The glass parts of Windows have a Surface assigned to them, and the Surface's definition contains the Cover Fill assigned to the Surface.

Since the glass of all three Windows have the same Surface assigned to them, they display the same way. Also, if you modify the definition of the Surface by assigning a different Cover Fill to it, all three Windows will update since they all use the same Surface for their glass.

So, the solution is to duplicate your "Glass" Surface, give it another name, define another Cover Fill for it, and assign that new "Glass" Surface to the glass parts of the Windows of your choice.

runxel
Legend

The real issue here is that by selecting the opening direction (the little arrow while placing) you basically just internally mirror the window (or door).

The window panes could technically be un-mirrorable to have the fill show always in the same direction, it was just not thought of, so it's not coded in the GDL...

As an "easy" – yet stil annoying – workaround you can create another surface material and assign that, just like Laszlo recommends.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Hi Laszlo. Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me how to give them another name?

Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Just go to the Surface Settings Dialog, duplicate your Surface, specify the name for the Duplicate, then select your Windows and assign this new Surface for their glass.

Thanks Laszlo.It has worked but it does not appear in the 3D view or elevation. I have checked the settings and the glass is set to a new surface.

Setup info provided by author