BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stretch Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to scale a group of lines in the x dimension only. This would be incredibly simple in any other vector based program and I'm sure it is in this case too but I can't work out how to do it in Archicad and none of my colleagues know of a way. Please share the method if you know.

Thanks
Craig
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Read the in the Help File or play with the options under the Edit Menu -> Reshape.You can also use the Marquee tool in combination with these commands.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
...Or the Adjust command if you want all the lines to extend / trim to a common line.
Dwight
Newcomer
Methods vary depending on the orientation and complexity of the stretching shape.

A simple rectangle is stretched by the marquee.

BUT, if you have a complex shape that must be proportionally stretched, it IS NOT simple in Archicad. Like so many other things people think should be simple, including automatic quality rendering and skewing.

Here's how:

1: Copy the linework/fill/whatever into a new object -- 2D symbol -- and save the object. Specify: "Hotspots on Bounding Box" and "Fit size to 2D Symbol."

2: Place the object.

3: Stretch the object to the length you want.

4: Explode into primitives.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best way to stretch the the fill (see attach. pic)
I should have posted the element below in the above element.
strech.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't exactly get from you image what you want to stretch and how, but you normally use the Marquee around all the nodes of an element and use the Stretch command.
You just have to make sure that all nodes of the element you want moved are within the Marquee.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!