BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Unable to upload files to the internet with publisher

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems impossible for me to upload files with publisher.

Host: ftp.hielke.net
User: ***@hielke.net
Password: ***********
Path: /test

If i use these settings with LeechFTP (in passive mode) for instance, no problem.
If i try with publisher and click test login after what seems ages i get the following message:
Could not write into the specified folder
(or the folder may not exist) or could not
read the uploaded file

Using LeechFTP i noticed some strange files have appeared in my directory: chk(5 digit number).tmp for example chk65921.tmp but the number always differ.
It seems contact has been made.
I tried a few hundred other settings but nothing works. Is it the "passive mode"? I can't find a setting like that in ArchiCAD.

Can anyone help me with this?
I'm getting pretty frustrated,
Hielke

ps. I'm using ArchiCAD 8.1 R2
3 REPLIES 3
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

This error message should pop up if the upload-test file (chkXXXXX.tmp) could not be successfully created. In your case the .tmp file does get created, so it seems that the error message is false. Try to upload your files. It might work properly. It is possible that the test login gives you a false message, but the upload will be successful anyway.

HTH,
Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Greg, but no such luck.
I tried uploading anyway, after 3 minutes of checking "ftp.hielke.net" and nothing happening I got the following message:

Publishing to "ftp.hielke.net" failed.
Fatal error occurred while preparing for upload.
Error: Access denied

I checked the target directory again with LeechFTP and the chkXXXXX.tmp file does get written.

Maybe it's because my username is an emailadres? I clicked "Browse" instead of "Test Login" at one time and got an error message stating the username contained illegal characters. Lately if I click "Browse" a message pops up for about 1 nanosecond (impossible to read) after which nothing happens.
I can't change my username with my provider so I hope the @-symbol is not the problem.

Greetings,
Hielke
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem.
After i press test log in on the right it say The specified folder was not found
If i click browse it say error while transferring data.

It's very strange.

Very few information about this subject.

My web server it's located on my LAN so bad connection it's impossible.
With Total commander i have no problem accessing the web server.

SO how i can upload the files on my web server also with project reviewer web enviroment .

Thank you

AC 12
Learn and get certified!