BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

add a object to a office library located on bim server?

ELEVATE
Contributor

Is there a way to add a object to an office object library located on bim server (cloud), without having to reload entire library again?  thanks

qqq.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Advisor

It has to be done through Archicad, not through BIMCloud web interface. 

If you just uploaded a folder as the library as a BIMCloud Library there are two ways:

1. Add that BIMCloud library to an Archicad file and then select it in library manager and select that tab with that library name as the top. Reserve the folder you want to put it in and you can just drag and drop. 
2. Add the new object to the original folder on your computer or network share. Go to Manage BIMCloud libraries. Select the library and click the update library button down the bottom. Navigate to the folder on your computer and network share. It should then say 1 item added. 
Any other users will see the new object when they do a Send Recieve. 

A warning, if you add, delete or modify objects with Option 1, and the do a library update with option 2, you can inadvertently revert and of the changes you make with Option 2. I always recommend option 2 to keep the original folder and the BOMCloud library in sync. 

if you uploaded the library as an LCF (gives increased performance for big libraries) you have to add the object and then repackage your lcf and then update via option 2. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

Any library you add an object to, you will have to re-load it - BIMCloud or not.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

By RELOAD it, you mean the entire Library, Right!   Thanks

I am not sure how BIMCloud works as I don't use it.

I assume you would have to add the object to the BIMCloud library and then I am not sure if you have to re-share it with all users or if the users have to update their BIMCloud link or if that is automatically synced to their libraries.

But you will have to re-load the library in Archicad as Archicad does not detect external changes in a loaded library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks, but not sure how to add one object to the library on the bimcloud, without having to reload the entire library?   I think it would have to be done thru ArchiCAD. 

Solution
scottjm
Advisor

It has to be done through Archicad, not through BIMCloud web interface. 

If you just uploaded a folder as the library as a BIMCloud Library there are two ways:

1. Add that BIMCloud library to an Archicad file and then select it in library manager and select that tab with that library name as the top. Reserve the folder you want to put it in and you can just drag and drop. 
2. Add the new object to the original folder on your computer or network share. Go to Manage BIMCloud libraries. Select the library and click the update library button down the bottom. Navigate to the folder on your computer and network share. It should then say 1 item added. 
Any other users will see the new object when they do a Send Recieve. 

A warning, if you add, delete or modify objects with Option 1, and the do a library update with option 2, you can inadvertently revert and of the changes you make with Option 2. I always recommend option 2 to keep the original folder and the BOMCloud library in sync. 

if you uploaded the library as an LCF (gives increased performance for big libraries) you have to add the object and then repackage your lcf and then update via option 2. 

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

Perfect, Thankyou for your Help!

Learn and get certified!