BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

error while launching ArchiCad in Background

Anonymous
Not applicable
I receive this message "error while launching ArchiCad in background" when attempting to import a .pln file into plotmaker. This happens with both V8.0 r3 & 8.1. All our files are stored on a server, and does not happen to other people in the office, or on my home system.
Office Machine:
Windows xp pro Dell Dimension 8250 P4
3.06 GHz 3.05GHz
1.0 GB Ram

ERROR MSG.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Shale wrote:
I receive this message "error while launching ArchiCad in background" when attempting to import a .pln file into plotmaker. This happens with both V8.0 r3 & 8.1. All our files are stored on a server, and does not happen to other people in the office, or on my home system.
For some reason, your BGArchiCAD is not starting. Is there a local protection key? Are there enough licenses available on the network protection key, if such is installed?

This happened to me today, with two ArchiCADs 8 open and two LBKs updating in PM 3.1; the third session of PM started, but there was not enough memory for any updating action.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, each station has it's own key, and the same key works on my system at home. since posting the orig question, I have
saved a file to my hard drive and tried importing that file. Still get the error. I have only one Archicad file open and same with PlotMaker. Stumped and frustrated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
problem solved.

In my programs folder was a version of 7.0 not in a folder.
by uninstalling 7.0 it solved the problem. I also had to update my wibu driver. so one or the other.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I still have the same problem. I have two machines that give me the error. I've reloaded ArchiCAD, I've reloaded the WIBU driver. There aren't any other version on the machine. What else is there to try?
Anonymous
Not applicable
We got this before 8.1 because bgArchiCAD couldn't load the libraries. There is a workaround for this bug, in case this is your problem.

1) Open a new AC session and New & Reset AC.
(I think you might just have to create a new blank document using latest settings. Try that first. Then if that fails, New & Reset.)
2) Unload all libraries.
2a)(Optional) Save this so you don't have to go through the process again.
3) Close ArchiCAD.
4) Open Plotmaker and try again.

Next time this happens if you did 2a all you have to do is open a new AC session (You can keep your current AC session open) open the blank file you already saved in 2a and close ArchiCAD. Don't think you even have to save. This will set "latest settings". Which was the problem with 8.0. bgArchiCAD uses the latest settings and might have a problem with it, especially if you have libraries on your server. So you have to make "latest settings" be something that bgArchiCAD likes, namely library-less.
Learn and get certified!