BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

line/ wall distance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I'm new to archicad and have been using an older version of the programme until today. I just downloaded archicad 12 and am dying of frustration. I'm trying to draw a simple kitchen bench using the line tool but i am unable to find any way to actually dimension the lines. In my old archicad program i could hit 'shift' and then 'r' and i would then be able to type in the line distance i required. This does not seem to work in archicad 12. There are no visible distances or dimensions to be seen when i use the line or wall tools in archicad 12. How do i draw anything to a specific distance???? Help!!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try turning on "Tracker", look for the icon shown in my image below, or activate the Show Tracker checkbox in Options > Work Environment > Tracker and Coordinate Input
Picture 2.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
as s2art has said, switch on the tracker. it makes it much more convenient because the information appears right there next to the action; however, it still works the other way too - after the first click establishing the starting point, move the cursor in the required direction, and press 'r' to enter length then <enter>(also works for 'x', 'y' and 'a';you shouldn't have to use <shift>).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much! Have it working perfectly now.. Seriously saved my day!!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can also bring back the Coordinate Box and the Control Box if you want.
They can be activated from the Windows\Palettes menu.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!