BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

printing grayscale in plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a grayscale logo on my title sheet that prints fine when all colours are set to black in archicad, but when I print in plotmaker and set all colours to black it doesnt show the logo (well it does but only one or two faint bits of it).

I have tried everything to get it to show in the plotmaker print out but cant get it to work.

any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to print instead of plotting. In my case I have an old hp design jet 600
plotter. That I can Use As A plotter or printer. If I use it as a plotter I cant print gray scale nor white over black.
Choose to print instead of plot and specify the hpdj 600 as a printer, choose paper layout. and print. the only downside is that it takes much more time to plot. (10 to 15 minutes/ pg. depending on the complexity of the drawing)
Anonymous
Not applicable
HI thanks for that

I do use a colour hp deskjet 1220c for printing and I do print rather than plot. The thing is the title box is an Archicad file that prints fine in black and white when printing directly from Archicad, but in Plotmaker, it prints everything, lines text etc in the title box file, except the grayscale logo which as I said is very faint. I have tried converting it to bitmnap which makes it worse.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try setting the pens you want to print black in PlotMaker and printing in color. I typically change pens 1-80 to black so I can use the rest for greys, spot colors, zone colors, etc.

There are so many advantages to this approach I can't go into them all here. I know it has been discussed before, but I'm not sure what words to search on. Perhaps "plotmaker pens".
gpowless
Advocate
I've had good luck with changing the printer settings in the HP1220c to print in black. Don't use the black print selectioin in plotmaker.

For mixed colour and black images I prefer to set the drawing settings to print in black in each individual drawing. Works the best and keeps my colour log intact. Then if I want all black prints I simply change the printer settings.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Learn and get certified!