BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

sections/elevation not displayed correctly

alemanda
Advocate
Hi,
I encounter an issue with sections and elevations when I set "display only opening" in MVO for doors and windows.
Under this setting I cannot see windows and doors opening in sections and elevation.

cattura archicad 18.png
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I only get that with 'opening only' in combination with 'core of load bearing elements only' view in ArchiCAD20, seems like a bug though.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello alemanda,

I gave it a try myself, and I could reach the same state as you did, but I think this is just a rebuild issue.

If you open the MVO window and make changes to those settings, the contours will go missing in the Elevation tab, but if you do a Rebuild & Regenerate (ctrl/cmd+alt+shift+R), they should come back.

If you place these views on layouts as drawings, they should update properly. The Contour line setting shouldn't have any effect on sections/elevations anyway, it's just for the floor plan view contours (as the preview picture shows).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
alemanda
Advocate
Thanks Daniel
I hope you're going to fix this rebuild issue ... especially because it seems to be random (some case it occurs and some other cases in the same project with the same settings it doesn't)
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Learn and get certified!