BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

unwanted text appearing when publishing drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok... so i have finished a site plan and when ever i print to PDF , the PDF file has some very small text in the middle that reads 'this is another test'???

Its an education version so i understand the watermark in the right hand corner of the document but i have printed to PDF many times before and this has never come up.

Does anyone know why its there??? and how to give it the boot?

please help! thankyou 🙂
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
heres the PDF if it helps explain
Dwight
Newcomer
fixed - sent to your email directly
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you thank you. How did u do it?
Dwight
Newcomer
Edited with Acrobat Pro.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
LauraBot wrote:
ok... so i have finished a site plan and when ever i print to PDF , the PDF file has some very small text in the middle that reads 'this is another test'???

Its an education version so i understand the watermark in the right hand corner of the document but i have printed to PDF many times before and this has never come up.

Does anyone know why its there??? and how to give it the boot?

please help! thankyou 🙂
How do you print to PDF? If it is ArchiCADs PDF writer, this should not happen. If you use external PDF writer, that might be the culprit.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah i used print to PDF within archicad... hmmm
Thomas Holm
Booster
LauraBot wrote:
Two guesses:
- it's in the Master layout, somebody had made a test change
- it's in the city plan map/site file that you probably got as a DWG or Microstation DGN file, somebody put in the text when converting/extracting the area for you.
And you didn't see it until now because the scale made it too small, or you changed pen set in the layout (the previous pen set made the text white), or the layer combo you used when publishing made this previously hidden layer visible.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
My money's on the master layout!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This could be the watermark facility on the Amyuni PDF printer. Go to Page Setup, Properties, then check the 'watermark' tab.
Learn and get certified!