BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Master Layout / Layout view type check

Piotr Walerysiak
Contributor

Hi All

I'm developing title block object that will be placed on master layouts.

I'm looking for a way to display different content when user is looking at master layout and different when looking on actual layout. I'm not successful to find any variable that could be used as the a trigger to differentiate between layout and master layout.

I tried:

n = REQUEST ("HomeDB_info", "", homeDBIntId, homeDBUserId, homeDBName, homeContext)

IF homeContext = 4 THEN

and :

IF glob_view_type = 8 THEN

but both do not work. First check where object was placed, so it is always true as it is placed on master layout. Second is also always true as it check if view type is layout (seems that it treats master layout as layout).

Is there any way to do it ?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

I don't think you will have much luck.

GLOB_VIEW_TYPE does not differentiate between master layout and actual layout - they are all just layouts.

If you want different appearance on the master (I can't imagine why you would need this though), maybe just add a boolean parameter for 'master mode'.

When you turn it on, use the script for the slightly different looking title block.

You just have to remember to turn it off, so you go back to the regular title block for the layouts.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!