GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.
SOLVED!

UI Infield Pictures

pedrocollares
Enthusiast

Hi all, I'm kind of clueless on how the ui_infield{3} images work.

There's this Electric object in our local AC Library, in which each of the options hold a different picture icon:

pedrocollares_0-1702313440002.png

I'm currently doing a few changes to that to give it a few more functionalities, (I started a new object and copied all content), and even if my version is perfectly identical in its Master, 2D, Parameters and Interface scripts, the pictures do not show:

pedrocollares_2-1702313724764.png

I've seen in this page that those pictures come out of a 'picture_name', but where do those pictures are stored in a GDL object, so I can use them?

I'd like to know that so I can also create custom UI pictures for other GDL objects as well.

Thanks in advance!

Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
runxel
Legend

To get your images into the object you must use the LP_XMLConverter.

It's a bit sad, that there is no way to do this directly in the GDL editor, but it is what it is.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

Solution
MF BIM
Booster

Hello @pedrocollares ,

If there is no .lcf archive associated to the first object or library folder linked to the library, then the pictures are embedded in the object thanks to the LP_XMLConverter.

If you want to extract them then you would need to use those commands in your terminal :

// For Windows
"C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD $VersionNumber\LP_XMLConverter.exe" libpart2xml -img "$imageFolderPath" "$binaryFilePath" "$xmlFilePath"
// For Mac
/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD $VersionNumber/ARCHICAD $VersionNumber.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter libpart2xml -img $imageFolderPath $binaryFilePath $xmlFilePath

This would extract the pictures to the $imageFolderPath

https://mfbim.fr | https://youtube.com/@mfbim
AC21 FRA 3005 - AC24 FRA 7600 - AC26 FRA 4027 | MacBook M1 Pro

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
runxel
Legend

To get your images into the object you must use the LP_XMLConverter.

It's a bit sad, that there is no way to do this directly in the GDL editor, but it is what it is.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

I have never used LP_XMLConverter.

I can't say I have used ui_infield{3} often, but I am sure I have at some time

Any images I use in the interfaced script, I just have them in my loaded libraries (my office library).

So long as the image files used in the UI script are in the loaded library, you should be able to see them.

If you add a new image to your library while working on an object, you need to reload the library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
MF BIM
Booster

Hello @pedrocollares ,

If there is no .lcf archive associated to the first object or library folder linked to the library, then the pictures are embedded in the object thanks to the LP_XMLConverter.

If you want to extract them then you would need to use those commands in your terminal :

// For Windows
"C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD $VersionNumber\LP_XMLConverter.exe" libpart2xml -img "$imageFolderPath" "$binaryFilePath" "$xmlFilePath"
// For Mac
/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/ARCHICAD $VersionNumber/ARCHICAD $VersionNumber.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter.app/Contents/MacOS/LP_XMLConverter libpart2xml -img $imageFolderPath $binaryFilePath $xmlFilePath

This would extract the pictures to the $imageFolderPath

https://mfbim.fr | https://youtube.com/@mfbim
AC21 FRA 3005 - AC24 FRA 7600 - AC26 FRA 4027 | MacBook M1 Pro

I prefer having the object independent of loaded libraries in this specific case, I'll give LP_XMLConverter a try. Thanks all! 🙂

Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64