BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

I quit because I need to leave, and GS gives me a survey

How do I get rid of this reminder of the cluelessness of the leadership of this company?

AC26 AUS. I want to quit, I need to shut down, the last thing I need is the process stopped for some marketing research.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 22.20.49.png

43 REPLIES 43
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi @Ignacio Azpiazu 

I’m sorry to hear about your frustration. It’s clear that the timing of the pop-up was inconvenient for you. Would it be more suitable if this pop-up appeared when you first open the software, rather than during shutdown? 

I’d also like to extend this discussion to others in the forum. When do you think would be the most convenient time for a pop-up like this to appear?

I also want to clarify that your responses to these questions are helping us shape the evolution of our software.

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft

@Balint Kezer wrote:

I also want to clarify that your responses to these questions are helping us shape the evolution of our software.

My question was: How do I get rid of this reminder of the cluelessness of the leadership of this company?

Is there a component, like the GSReport thing, that the user can delete or zip in order help “the GS experience” by removing this irritant?

@Balint Kezer wrote:

I’d also like to extend this discussion to others in the forum. When do you think would be the most convenient time for a pop-up like this to appear?

Never when running the actual software.

Not at startup, and not at shutdown.

Fortunately the survey can just be closed.

If it is closed once, then it should not appear again, or at least there should be an option no not show this survey again.

I am assuming it does not re-appear once completed (I wouldn't know as I probably will never complete it, as when I am shutting down, I just want to shut down).

You can send out a marketing e-mail to those that have agreed to receive them.

Or of course you could post the survey in this Community as a banner as has been done in the past.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

No, it would be even worse.

It would be like getting into your office door ready for a days work and being approached by an insisting guy trying to sell you a door. (which of course, is annoying because you already have a door... or Archicad)

How about not disrupting the software start or closing experience?     if those marketing guys really want to get their info, why dont they write a simple mail or survey or maybe even use this forum?

Eduardo Rolon

IMO this should not be part of either start up or closing since it is basically a marketing survey.

Imagine an office with 50 AC users that have to go thru this in order to start working on their projects plus add how they will feel if they are on a serious deadline.

You will not get any valid data.

I am basically a solo practitioner and hate it when it pops up and my first instinct is to fill it with "0". Granted it is once every 6 months.

Same thing goes for the requirement to login with an gs user account.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Totally agree about the requirement to login.  Why cant the software remember it? in my case it happens every 4 or 5 days and is becoming very annoying as it feels so unnecesary

DGSketcher
Legend

@Balint Kezer as you asked...

This is one of those horrible Farcebook spin offs to check their apps popularity, they should not be appearing in professional software at the price we pay. Not sure who is behind the current marketing but this is yet another representation of crass & inappropriate milking of customers opinion. And as @Eduardo Rolon has indicated it would not be well received and would be counter productive to the survey at my end as well.

If you have a worthwhile question to ask, and I can assure you "How likely are you to recommend..." isn't one of them when we've paid $$$ to use the software, then try asking in the forum for comments particularly with questions more orientated to assist in product development.

I'm hoping the new CEO will rein in some of this marketing rubbish like the latest attempt to convince us AC is faster to use just because the M3 chip is quicker... AC is still an overloaded lumbering beast regardless of what you run it on. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Sadly I can like your comment only once, @DGSketcher.

The best time for popups is "never".

Everyone who disagrees should stay away from professional software.

Also, you have this bad boy slapped in the Activity Center:

runxel_0-1708709769171.png

So just use the thing you already have in place?!?

But for real, just stop this nonsense. Tbh if I'd be presented such a dialog I would just hit "zero" for sure, just for the fact of asking alone. Don't shove it into the face of the user. This enshittification  (Cory Doctorow) of our software really needs to stop. Let's hope DC puts an end to this madness!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Easy solution there, just remove the %$*&#! Activity Center…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Or at least make it so it only appears when there is something that REALLY needs checked, not you've moved a line, better check the whole drawing set. Or give us a button for the user to initiate a file status report.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

You know what, GS reminds me more and more to the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, especially because of their marketing methods. 

https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Sirius_Cybernetics_Corporation

Hail to Douglas Adams, great philosopher and marvelous author. 

What a spectacularly awesome comparison.

It's been a while since I read Adams, but holy moly is that comparison ever so apt.

They even have a corresponding motto to Sirius Corporation's ...."Share and Enjoy.

With Graphisoft nowadays of course it's "Build Together"

Which could mean anything and also mean nothing at all, all at the same time.

And of course, thanks to their current development strategy to  make their primary product a sort of 'Swiss-Army knife" attempt at being everything for everyone, they  only seem to be succeeding at making something that's risking not being very good at anything at all.

mthd
Ace

Surveys are not that helpful because they are too broad in scope and vague at times and don’t really provide specific feedback. There is no substitute for direct consultation when one has the time to do so or to fill out a request list.

Why not just send us a request to think carefully about in the next few months, like: What are the 5 most urgent things that you would like implemented in AC in order ?

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura
Balint Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Thanks for your thoughts!

I get it, the survey can be a bit of a time-eater. But here’s the thing - it’s one of the best ways we have to hear from all our users. Not everyone hangs out in the community, but everyone uses the software. So, this survey lets us catch the views of the many, not just the few. I also understand that this is not the best way to have detailed feedback about the functionality of our software, we have other means for that (e.g. this forum).

All in all I understand that this is annoying for you, feel free to let us know how we can receive the same amount of feedback, with as little hinderance to your daily work as possible. 

Balint Kezer
Senior Product Manager
Graphisoft

To use an old phrase... "You can't see the wood for the trees" can you?

This official community / forum has consistently delivered the feedback you need for AC to prosper, unfortunately for too long those views, and I don't just mean those from the vociferous minority, have been ignored. Your users highlight problems on a daily basis yet rarely do we see any official feedback to their pleas.

"Would you recommend..." tells you very little, it only tells you if your users can be bothered to use the application, not what's right or wrong. If they stop using it you wouldn't get any feedback any way. The best answer to this question is to ask your CFO what's happening with the real subscription numbers.

Meanwhile, if you want to know what is wrong with AC and what you need to address, then start reading and engaging with this forum. As a customer I shouldn't need to be telling you this, GS should be all over this in terms of managing the Roadmap and assisting users where the questions fall outside the expertise of the long time users (e.g. @Barry Kelly & others), who have gone out of their way to assist, while Graphisoft hide in their bunker. A successful company is the one that delivers what their customers really need, not what some out of touch CEO thinks they need.

"So to get the best trained people from the university, from technical point of view, was easy.
However, the large challenge was to train them to like the market, to like their costumers.

To have an emotional empathy for the architects.

In a certain sense to turn software engineers into architects."
Gábor Bojár

Based on your recent experience - to what extent do you think GS has succeeded in overcoming this challenge?

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
No extent   Full extent

🤣

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

ouch!

Nice find. Confirms a few things I think we already knew.

comment of the year so far.

of course, the answer is a 9. 

Learn and get certified!