Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Key shortcuts are not working ARCHICAD27

After Dark Design
Participant

Hi all,

Having issues with my short cut keys as they're being unresponsive.

- SHIFT key is unresponsive when attempting to select multiple objects
i.e. Highlighting wall A and holding SHIFT to select wall B will simply deselect the currently highlighted wall A

Please  note that SHIFT key still works when in 3D and attempting to use the ORBIT camera

- ESC key is also unresponsive when attempting to deselect any currently highlighted object (3D AND plan view)

- CTRL Key when dimensioning walls, I will have highlighted a dimension and upon holding my CTRL key and clicking an internal wall, it will simply deselect the highlighted dimension instead of adding the a new distance

I have reloaded the save as well as reload the work environment in attempts to resolve the issue.

Please note that this is not keyboard issue. I have loaded another ArchiCAD 27 file and the shortcuts work as they should without issue.

I suspect I've changed a setting within my settings on accident and I am hoping this is an obvious fix.
Would appreciate some insight,

Cheers,

Jayden.

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

Those keyboard shortcuts are not ones that you can customise yourself.

So I am baffled as to why they are not working in that one file, but do work OK in another.

Even if you could change them, it would be the same in all files, if you are using the same Work Environment.

This is a problem you should be contacting your local support about, so they can have a look at the file for you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

I found restating my computer and reloading my ArchiCAD file resolved the issue temporarily.

The issue comes back at random points.

Any thoughts?

Jayden.

Maybe you have other programs running that are hi-jacking the keys?

Are you a MAC user by any chance?

This has come up before and seems to affect MAC users more often.

You mentioned another file was OK.

Are you running both files at the same time?

If so then I can't understand why one would be different.

If you had them open separately, then maybe it is an intermittent issue, and I would suspect other programs running in the background.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I don't know if this is relevant but sometimes, people have their Grid Snap accidentally turned on, and then they have problems selecting elements. Might be worth checking it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27