BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

VERY Slow switching from other programs - Archicad 27

Jeff Galbraith
Advocate

We just upgraded our entire office to top of the line brand new Macbook Pros with the maximum core count, and finally switched from Archicad 24 up to Archicad 27.  While most aspects of the program seem faster, we are all experiencing long delays when switching from another program back to Archicad.  If you switch to mail, or a finder window, or acrobat, and then switch back it takes between 15 and 20 seconds before the Archicad window comes to the forefront of your screen and is usable.  It happens constantly throughout the day.  It's as if Archicad goes to sleep any time it's not active...and it takes longer to wake up than it takes to start up the laptop.

Anyone else running into this?

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon

Nope.

Need to ask. Did you install Apple Silicon Version?

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I'm pretty sure yes.  The installation file is still in my downloads folder and it says 'ARM'.

Is there any way to check once it's installed?  When I check the 'about archicad' it shows version 3001 but doesn't mention anything about ARM...

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)
Eduardo Rolon

AC current version is 4060 so that might be the real issue since slowness was a previous bug.

If you open Activity Monitor it will show under "Kind" if it is the ARM version,

EduardoRolon_0-1706874577799.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Jeff:

The License Information db has this information.

License Information.png

 David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
mbeckmann
Participant

We are experiencing excessive pinwheeling too - switching back to AC27 from other programs, as well as generally working (opening views, closing dialogues, panning/zooming, selecting). In some cases it's "only" 15-30 seconds, but in others it's many minutes of waiting. Are there any other reported bugs or issues already? 
AC26 6002/3
AC27 4060

Mac M1 2021, Ventura

Try upgrading 27 to the latest build 5003.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!