BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D- going "inside" and working with levels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I just re-opened Archicad 11 after a few months that I havent used it. I did another 3D last month and with the new version I could go "inside" the building. Why can't I do that anymore? When I zoom close to the walls, it just zooms and doesnt pass through! HELP!

Also, before when I wanted to do a wall that is on a higher level (ex. +4m) I used to be able to see it. Now it says that I am not working on that level. But I never used to work with levels before...what do I need to do to change this?

Thanks for the help!!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
come on guys, help me!:-)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Zooming on a non-perspective view is simply enlarging the view not moving towards the object, so my guess is you are in axonometric mode rather than perspective.

And your wall issue: change the wall to Home Storey "current" (i.e. NOT automatic) with "symbolic cut" or maybe "overhead all" in floor plan display - it is above your floor plan cut plane (FPCP)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tips. The tips on the wall->perspective worked.

But I still can't get the wall thing to work. I've already tried playing around with the options "home-storey" and "symbolic cut" etc. When I try doing a wall that is above my "current plane" i.e. 0-4m, it tells me "The elements that have been created and/or changed their position on the plane not visible at this time" (thats as good a translation as i could do, since its in Italian).

Thanks again for your help!
Learn and get certified!