BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3D projection not working?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently upgraded to AC 12 from 11, and now when I begin a new project, or review an older one, I can not see the structure in 3D projection. The structures look fine in 2D but once I switch to 3D they can no longer be seen, except when I select the entire screen then I can see the green outline of my structures walls but otherwise the screen is blank. If anyone has any ideas about what might be going on I would love to hear them. It almost seems like the model data is getting lost?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
do all the structure disappear for all the projects no matter they are created in AC11 or AC12?

p.s. write down your software version, OS, computer config. in your signature would be much helpful
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Jennifer2008 wrote:
I recently upgraded to AC 12 from 11, and now when I begin a new project, or review an older one, I can not see the structure in 3D projection. The structures look fine in 2D but once I switch to 3D they can no longer be seen, except when I select the entire screen then I can see the green outline of my structures walls but otherwise the screen is blank. If anyone has any ideas about what might be going on I would love to hear them. It almost seems like the model data is getting lost?
It could be a graphics card driver problem because if they are selected they are visible if they are not selected they are not.
This tells me that your camera position is correct so elements should be visible in 3D.
Try the latest drivers for you card.
Also check if the elements are visible with the Internal 3D Engine (I am guessing you are now using the OpenGL Engine in 3D).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
It could be a graphics card driver problem because if they are selected they are visible if they are not selected they are not.
This tells me that your camera position is correct so elements should be visible in 3D.
Try the latest drivers for you card.
Also check if the elements are visible with the Internal 3D Engine (I am guessing you are now using the OpenGL Engine in 3D).
Thanks for the ideas, I have installed new graphics card drivers and the 3D projections can now be seen, in both the Internal 3D and OpenGL engines (previously they were not visible in either). I have also added my system information in case it helps anyone else.
Learn and get certified!