BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 17 doesn't read hardware key.

Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I just loaded AC 17 on my MAC and I get the message "Can't find key, do you want to run in demo mode".

I followed the installation instructions: removed key before install, installed upgrade, restarted computer and then replaced key. Got the error message.

I even tried restarting again to no avail.

Any suggestions.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
9 REPLIES 9
you may be having problems if the key was plugged into your computer when you installed ArchiCAD. If this was the case, remove the key, uninstall ebverything and start again. Sorry, but this is the least painful path.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I took the key out before the install as instructed.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
I took your advice and uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same error message (see attachment).

I actually have a hadware key not a code meter.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Karl Ottenstein
Bob wrote:
I took your advice and uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same error message (see attachment).

I actually have a hadware key not a code meter.
Confusion: Codemeter IS a hardware key (silver metal). So is the bluegreen plastic WIBU.

1. Are you sure that you upgraded your key using the key upgrade app, and it successfully reported that the 17 license was installed?

2. Are you sure that during installation, you clicked on the correct photo of the type of key that you have so that the proper CM or WIBU driver was installed? (silver vs blue)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
1. Are you sure that you upgraded your key using the key upgrade app, and it successfully reported that the 17 license was installed?

2. Are you sure that during installation, you clicked on the correct photo of the type of key that you have so that the proper CM or WIBU driver was installed? (silver vs blue)

Answer #1. No. I didn't see that any reference to this in the install package/read me notes.

#2. Yes

Thanks. I'll try that now.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Karl Ottenstein
Hope that resolves it. Your email should have linked you to the attached page that has Step 5 concerning upgrading the key.
Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 11.35.41 AM.jpg
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
Just as you called it. Works fine.

Thanks again.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Karl Ottenstein
Good deal. Thanks for posting.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a similar issues whereby one wibukey doesn't register that it needs to activate AC17.

I followed the instructions to the letter, un-installed and reinstalled a couple of times and then plugged the key into a different machine to test. Ran the activation key app on the second machine and still no joy (same process with another wibukey worked fine). I should note its the only key with ecodesigner 15 license on.

Is it time to phone our distributor?
Learn and get certified!