BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

AC Crashes

Bob Moore
Enthusiast

My AC 27 has crashed 3 times today. Every time I try to close a tab it crashes and sends a message to Graphisoft.

It always crashes when I edit text with the caps lock on which is a real pain to work around and they don't seem to want to fit it.  Now this.

Glad to see SSA membership is going up by nearly 20% this year.

AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The release notes for the 27.2.0 Update Preview indicate that this cap lock crash is solved in that build.  Have you tried installing that @Bob Moore and @Aaron Bourgoin ?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-27-2-0-Update-Preview-release/ba-p/...

UPDATE:  The release version of 27.2.0 was announced on 26 March:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-27-2-0-Update-release/ba-p/592019

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

Solution

@Bob Moore wrote:

Now if I can figure out why it crashed when I closed the tabs.

I know it is a pain, but whenever there is a crash, take note of the bug report number.

Send the bug report off with as much extra information as you can.

Then follow up with a call or e-mail to your local Archicad support and quote that number asking them to investigate what the cause was.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

it's very frustrating, but the fix for this until the hot fix is to disable your cap-lock key.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The release notes for the 27.2.0 Update Preview indicate that this cap lock crash is solved in that build.  Have you tried installing that @Bob Moore and @Aaron Bourgoin ?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-27-2-0-Update-Preview-release/ba-p/...

UPDATE:  The release version of 27.2.0 was announced on 26 March:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-27-2-0-Update-release/ba-p/592019

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

We don't install the Previews on our workstations. Too much work for the risk and the inevitability of having to do it again for the real build.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

I guess it's a trade-off, as always, Aaron.  I have yet to see a Preview that has a serious issue ... and if you read the release notes, an incredible number of things are fixed in the Preview which has been out for over a month ... approaching 2 months.  Comparing the small amount of time to install the release build  later while saving time not dealing with fixed bugs and crashes... I've always gone for the Preview builds upon release.  (Particularly in the last few years where there is a remarkably long delay between the availability of the Preview and the final release.)

Hi Karl, if it were just me, it would be installed. but we've got 40 plus workstations to worry about.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1

I have the update, and you are correct it is fixed. I just got used to leaving the caps lock on and holding the shift key.

Thanks, you've made my day and made me more efficient on that issue. Now if I can figure out why it crashed when I closed the tabs.

It hasn't done it since those 3 times earlier.

Thanks

AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
Solution

@Bob Moore wrote:

Now if I can figure out why it crashed when I closed the tabs.

I know it is a pain, but whenever there is a crash, take note of the bug report number.

Send the bug report off with as much extra information as you can.

Then follow up with a call or e-mail to your local Archicad support and quote that number asking them to investigate what the cause was.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!