BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC26 6002 Upgrade/AC26 will not even open

Duane Meyers
Booster

I have been having issues with AC27/Sonoma. So today I backed down to AC26 and noticed there was an AC26 6002 Upgrade so I downloaded it, installed it and now I can't even get AC26 to open. In trying I get the following prompts...

1. That I am not signed in and I have 23 days to use ArchiCAD

2. Internal error found, ArchiCAD will be closed.

I cannot express how frustrating this is when I have work to get out!

Screenshot 2023-11-15 at 6.23.58 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-11-15 at 6.26.00 PM.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
Barry Kelly

That update was only released yesterday so it is early days to say if it is causing problems.

However it does not list that it solves any of the Sonoma issues.

Make sure you contact your local support to see what they say.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

In talking to Apple Support just now, backing down to Ventura requires a complete erase of my hard drive which I cannot do at this writing. I had surgery Nov 2 and worked late getting assignments out late Nov 1 and failed to backup as I normally do (bad management I know, but there were distractions), so my most recent back up was 27 Oct.

1. I am currently backing everything up

2. Sonoma has a new update 14.1.1 which I will try

3. I will uninstall AC26 and then reinstall and see where I stand

I was meaning Archicad support rather than Apple support.

But yes, do try the latest OS update.

This link should give you details of your local support ...

https://graphisoft.com/contact-us

Although oddly it gives me Archicad support in the Netherlands when I am in Australia.

The link there to find a sales rep does give me the Australian contact.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend

@Duane Meyers I did exactly the same yesterday... gave up on AC27, spotted the AC26 6002 update and hoped it would at least improve things only to be left with AC26 unable to launch on macOS Sonoma 14.1.1. Spent last night reinstalling up to 5002 with its general instability. I'm not going back to Ventura, so hopefully GS sort this ASAP.

Houston we have a problem...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Gene Kniaz
Booster

I'm having trouble with the 6002 update too, but I'm still on Ventura 13.6.1.

The issue is during the "needs full disk access" stage of the install; AC26 is already installed and running fine (3001), so AC26 has full disk access already, so I'm trying to grant the 6002 installer "full disk access", at which point it seems to hang, and then I can't get AC26 to start at all, I have to "force quit", etc.

ArchiCAD user/owner since 6.5, done a few updates, so not sure what gives, but I agree with Duane that AC is getting really unreliable on the macOS platform. Last week, I was even starting to consider if moving back to Windows was a good idea . . . 

Gene Kniaz
Booster

I am able to successfully install the 6003 update (for Apple Silicon) on my MacBook Pro. There was one hiccup where I suddenly had two AC26 Apple Silicon icons in my Task Bar. I clicked on the original one, it hung and generated a Bug Report. Then I clicked on the "new" one, it disappeared, but the my original icon (that just hung!) lit up, and it started running.

BTW, I contacted my reseller regarding all this - no help, and they just referred me to "NA Support", so who knows when I hear back. Thank god I have my backup MacBook Pro, I guess. 

I'm on AC 26 because I fell victim to the "AC24 won't close" issue about a month ago - now this. I know Graphisoft is trying to improve their profitability with all these new expensive subscription based bells and whistles, but the base software just isn't working. You can't forget about the basic "blocking and tackling" just because you're into the fancy stuff.

Eduardo Rolon

FWIW installed (6003) ok running Sonoma 14.1.1 on ARM.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Also good with Ventura 13.6.2 and build 6003 on ARM.  Seems like the issue is limited to 6002 on Intel...

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Gene Kniaz
Booster

Hi everyone - Graphisoft Support NA has confirmed they have an issue: see below:

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 3.44.02 PM.png

Very disappointing that they've messed up what seems like basic "blocking and tackling"; first you have to worry about not jumping the gun on the latest macOS install (which is pretty understandable), but then you're previous "safe" version of the software gets blown up by an update. "Not great, Bob". 

Learn and get certified!