BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD is not able to view Mapped Network Drives

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm installing ArchiCAD on my work machine.

Windows 7 Pro 64
ArchiCAD 16 3270

ArchiCAD is not seeing the Mapped Network drives when trying to open a file, whereas when we use Word we can see them, as such not a machine-based problem but is a problem centred around ArchiCAD.

I need access to current office project DWGs and other files on the server and can't just copy them onto my C drive, they're not current then.

Pleeeaaaase help.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
No problem here with the same setup.
So long as you can see the mapped drives in your Windows Explorer you should be able to see them in Archicad.

Personally I don't use "mapped" drives as I don't like locking file paths to a drive letter - it can be different on each machine so publishing path needs to be reset all the time if workin on the same file on different machines.

I use network locations instead which has the full path of the shared network folders.

But I just tried both (mapped and network locations) and they can both be seen in the Archicad open file dialogue.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry.

Will ask IT to change the setup for me. New job, new computer, existing IT setup, ArchiCAD new to them too. You have a point - I don't want to have to reset publishing paths all the time.

Cheers,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Network address now works (was a firewall issue) but no mapped drives still. I hate windows machines.
Anyway - at least I can access files on the server now.
Learn and get certified!