BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 27.2.0 Update Preview

vlahtinen
Booster

Quote from Archicad 27.2.0 Update Preview announcement article:

Update Previews are an early version of the official update and may differ from the final release. However, they are thoroughly tested to ensure quality and reliability.

I’m confused. What does this mean? Is the update ready for use in production? How it may differ from the final release?

We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the coming months.

In the coming months? Really? Some fixes are already way overdue given that Archicad 27 was published four months ago.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

20 REPLIES 20

I thought the new update regime was going to do away with these "Preview" versions. I'm disappointed that this the update promised for February will now be at least another 30 days away.

Graphisoft: this seems like a step backwards on your path to more responsive product delivery and maintenance.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Koji
Booster

I don't see specific mentions to the bugs with macOS Sonoma, as I don't have it installed I don't know the exact problems but I imagine that with this update archicad 27 will be fully compatible with the latest version of MacOs operating system.

Apple MacStudio M2max, Archicad 27 Spanish
Eduardo Rolon

Though the notes indicate that for Imperial users "/" was fixed. It is not.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I downloaded and ran 27.2.0 but when I hit License information it says "Version: 27.0.0, Built number: 5001". I tried to run the Archicad-27.2.0-Update-INT.exe file again just in case I missed something during the installation procedure but that was not the case. This pops up

Screenshot 2024-02-20 123442.png

Is this normal?

Thank you

AC user since 2004 (Version 9)
LENOVO/ LEGION PRO 5/ 13th Gen Intel(R) CoM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz/ RAM 32,0 GB/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU/ Windows 11

27.0.0 must be a mistake.

The build number 5001 is correct.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you for your reply. A mistake during installation? You know perhaps how I could fix it?

LENOVO/ LEGION PRO 5/ 13th Gen Intel(R) CoM) i7-13700HX 2.10 GHz/ RAM 32,0 GB/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU/ Windows 11

No, the installation was fine if it is saying build 5001.

I think it is just a mistake in the License Information dialogue.

Do a HELP > Check for Updates and see what that tells you.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vlahtinen
Booster

Hey, @GRAPHISOFT and especially @Kornel Beleznai , could you please clarify, what is the difference between the update preview and the final update? I'm assuming that it's ready for production since it's offered through Check for updates feature. Why is it then preview? Also it would be much appreciated, if you could give more info, when the update is available in other languages. Are all the future updates released first as previews?

Thnx. Yes, I have checked that. It says both, AC and Libs, are up-to-date.

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!