BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

BIM Experience Kit - ITG, Chapter 2, 2.1 Creating Exterior W

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone explain to me. I've been going through the exercise and I don't see the purpose of the operations "Explode into View" applied to the placed drawing, and "Ungroup" elements in Worksheet. First of all when I apply the EICV command I observe no change (except colour), and as far as I can see neither operation makes any difference to the subsequent operation of creating walls from the Trace Reference.???????

Phil
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I actually worked on this Interactive Training Guide.
First, to answer your question: normally, there is no need to explode the Drawing containing the DWG lines and fills. So that step could be skipped.

However, the reason it was done this way is so that it can be replicated by users. The cursor senses the nodes and edges of elements within a Drawing. But in that case I found (if my memory serves me right) it was not reliable for some reason. So I had to come up with a way so that it can be done.

This is an interesting aspect of creating training materials: you have to create them in a way that the users can re-create them from your instructions because you will have no chance to explain why something does not work, if that happens. So it has to be foolproof.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!