BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Blank lines in Start screen

Anonymous
Not applicable
On starting Archicad certain files are coming up as blank lines on the "select a recent project" list, as per image below. If I select the blank line and click Open I get a message saying "file does not exist at this location" or something along those lines. If I select "Browse for a project" I can still browse to the file and select it. I have not moved the file at any time. The one at the top of the list shown is just a "Save As" of the (blurry) file immediately below, and its not just a single occurrence, it has been doing this with the same file for a few days now.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this, and if I should be expecting a major meltdown or something.

Note: AC11.

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Erika Epstein
Booster
Is this just on one computer?
Whatever the problem turms out to be, time for a backup 🙂
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just happening on my computer in our office of 8. And our backup regime is pretty solid (unlike my computer at home, but thats a whole different, and very long story).

The funny thing is, this file is a copy of the original scheme that we prefer, but the local council have demanded certain changes that we are not entirely happy with. Maybe it is sensing my negative vibes...
Erika Epstein
Booster
s2art wrote:
Maybe it is sensing my negative vibes...

Archicad...Design sensitive software!

Try the file on another computer to eliminate your computer as the problem
or
a new copy of the file to eliminate that you inadvertently didn't get a good copy.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ha, ha, ha. This really is a file with attitude. It is now showing up in the list, and denying any wrong-doing whatsoever. Well, I refuse to play its silly games. It seems to behave on other machines too.

Strange, but not dangerous by the look of things.
Learn and get certified!