BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

CURVED FLAG SET ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy new year Archicad users - we have built a model in 13 - but eact time try to view the it in 3d we get an error - Curved flag set for body with out any curved Pgon.

We have no flags on our building / model so am slightly confused as to where it has come from or what it means.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks Myles.
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This Flag thing is a programmer lingo. If means that a certain condition is true.
The message probably means that you have a polygon shaped element, such as a Slab and the data structure says that one of its edges is curved, but there in no curved segment in the geometry.
Somehow the data structure got damaged I guess.
Does it give you an ID or something of the affected element in the error message?
Normally you just need to find and delete, then redo the affected element and all is well.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The error is probably caused by something you have imported like a sketchup object or 3D dwg. Or maybe an object you have created automatically by Save 3D model as...

Try and hide these elements and check if in 3D if the problem remains.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The error usually doesn't identify the bad bit.

In that case the easiest way to find it is a "binary search". Model half (say the East side) of the building. If the error occurs model half of that again. Otherwise model half of the part (the West side) of the building. Keep splitting by halves until you get to the problem.
JaredBanks
Mentor
Binary Searches are the way to go. Easy, fast, and no need to over think!
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, thanks for your help - going to give it a go - hope your all snowed in !
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you do the binary search?
JaredBanks
Mentor
Jim,

this post talks about doing it for attributes:

http://www.shoegnome.com/2011/03/06/high-low-you-backed-up-right/

Basically if you marquee off half the model when you go to 3d only that part is generated. Thus if the error doesn't occur it means the error is in an element not in 3D. So you can marquee the other area and verify. Then you look at half that area, and repeat until you narrow down the area with the error to a small enough zone that you can find the problem.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been making 3d objects from the 3D window. Once I insert the object and view it in the 3D window, I find the errors.

I have been reducing model chucks in the Z axis by using 3d cutting planes. I narrowed it to a portion of a story. The heavy marquee in plan can be added.

When the term binary search came up, I thought there was a special search function in the GSM script. Not so?
JaredBanks
Mentor
not that I know of. Just craftiness...
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Learn and get certified!