Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Converting AC9/10 files to AC27

Zdenko
Booster

doing my best to determine how in the world to convert AC9 or 10 files to 27. i have downloaded the converters for both 9 & 10 but clueless on next steps? looking at the FAQ part and the response doesn't help our situation?

How do I install these packages? You don’t – and that is exactly the point. These are ready-to use packages. Just download and unpack them, then drop them in a folder inside your Program Files or Applications folder.

no i don't see the point? i have been hired on as the new engineer/designer and tasked with getting all of the old AC 9/10 files into 27. so far i am striking out and on top of that i see that "possibly" my current macbook pro operating system may not convert? very painful and imo unacceptable, maybe i am just to old for this anymore.

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
22 REPLIES 22

thanks Karl - looking at the applications on this mac i do have the codemeter but will contact a local rep. have good day!

Sonoma 14.4.1

Codemeter works with virtual (soft) keys as well as physical (USB) keys.  Sounds like yours is a soft key, so tech support should be able to sort out the account issue.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

hi Karl - looks like we resolved the license issue with an update to AC26. we can open the files however the object libraries, as you mentioned earlier, are not coming in. any suggestions?

speaking to our prior user, he indicates that we still may have the old computer that has those old AC files. wondering if we may use that to our benefit. i have reached out to our north american support and will see what they may say.

the 3d is pretty wild 😀

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.10.22 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.10.34 PM.png

Sonoma 14.4.1
Eduardo Rolon

FWIW if you are paying for SSA one of the perks is for them to "update" your old files.

EduardoRolon_0-1713991246306.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

i will look into that immediately Eduardo and find out if that is the case....

Sonoma 14.4.1

Concerning the libraries ... yes, the libraries are binary identical between Windows and Mac, so it doesn't matter what kind of old computer they had ... even if you only have access to a backup disk ... the library folder can be used to open the old files... and then save as PLA in the new format.  You do not need any other folders other than the library folder... and could copy all of them into one big "Legacy Libraries" folder where you can easily find the one that you need.

But, yes, Eduardo's screenshot of SSA benefits would certainly be the easiest!  If there are dozens of old files, I'm not sure if they would do them all, but doesn't hurt to ask! 😀

AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

thanks to the both of you! trying to get answers with Graphisoft on whether we qualify based on...

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 3.10.05 PM.png

Sonoma 14.4.1

just passing information to anyone who needs to know...

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 3.22.50 PM.png

Sonoma 14.4.1

@Zdenko wrote:

the 3d is pretty wild 😀

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 2.10.34 PM.png

This color indicates that the textures are missing. Use the Surfaces dialog box to assign the desired textures to the Surfaces.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

But you’ll see that his windows and doors are missing too… so he needs the whole library to migrate the ancient file…textures and objects 😊

Setup info provided by author