BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Is it safe to delete Archicad Cache Folder?

Jakob_Floyd
Booster

I have noticed that folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Graphisoft\Archicad Cache Folder\Archicad 26.0.0 INT R1 is 276GB and contains Scratch files and *,dat files. I am running low on space - can I delete these files?

Jakob_Floyd_0-1710253269703.png

Operating system used: Windows 11

AC26
i9-12900 | 64GB RAM | 1TB NVME | RTX 3070 | WIN 11
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

There really shouldn't be much in that folder at all - especially after you shut Archicad down.

The files with today's date, maybe something you are working on at the moment - so I wouldn't delete those.

There are also 3 folders ...

BarryKelly_0-1710254733068.png

I wouldn't delete those either.

The older files should be safe to delete if you don't have open Archicad programs.

These cache folder should be cleared when you shut Archicad down as far as I know.

Use caution if you delete them.

Maybe move them to another folder or drive first, just so you can put them back if it all goes pear shaped.

Then permanently delete if you are having no issues after a day or so.

And remember to empty you recycle bin as all the deleted files just end up there and still take up space.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Meilani
Participant

Yes, it is generally safe to delete the Archicad Cache folder. The cache folder contains temporary files used by Archicad to improve performance, such as cached textures and previews. Deleting the cache folder will not harm your Archicad project or its data. However, deleting the cache folder may slightly slow down Archicad temporarily as it rebuilds its cache when necessary. If you're experiencing issues with Archicad or if the cache folder is taking up a significant amount of space, deleting it can be a good idea. Just make sure to do so when Archicad is not running to avoid any potential conflicts.

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!