BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mountain Lion is here

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Apple just announced the arrival of Mac OSX Mountain Lion. We have collected our experience with ArchiCAD on the new system in this ArchicadWiki article:
http://archicadwiki.com/OsxMountainLion

Generally things look good, the few issues we have found so far are minor.

BIM server users be warned however that the BIM server needs repair after the system update. Details are in the article.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
any notice about graphic drivers in mountain lion?
is the antialiasing problem still present in archicad 16?
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I installed ML yesterday-must have been a slow connection because it took about 4 hours to download. Everything went well with installation and everything appears to function well. My only problem with AC is one of the points mentioned in the archiwiki article. I use dense dotted lines for my electrical connections and they do not appear-even when zoomed in. They are there and can be selected, but it's going to be a pain. I hope there is a fix soon, but in the meantime I can always change the line type.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
My simple philosophy is, wait at least a year before upgrading any OS. Too many issues to be fixed and you might find that other supporting software suddenly stops working. You must have a very good reason for upgrading now, otherwise don't!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Daniel wrote:
My simple philosophy is, wait at least a year before upgrading any OS.
I'm impressed with your will power! 🙂

For me, I have always had more then one mac, so I just upgrade one and test things out for a week or so before I upgrade the other.

And that is what TimeMachine is for.... don't like the latest software, restore from before upgrade. Or better yet, use Carbon Copy Cloner, to clone your drive onto a external drive and then upgrade that clone. Run off it for a while and if there are no problems then restore the clone onto the internal drive.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone having any major issues with Mountain Lion and Archicad 11 🙂
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
So far, no problems-just the dotted line issue. I have a late 09 iMac and everything is working fine, although it seems to run hotter than it used to. I am working on my second job with AC16 and ML.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stephen wrote:
I installed ML yesterday-must have been a slow connection because it took about 4 hours to download. Everything went well with installation and everything appears to function well. My only problem with AC is one of the points mentioned in the archiwiki article. I use dense dotted lines for my electrical connections and they do not appear-even when zoomed in. They are there and can be selected, but it's going to be a pain. I hope there is a fix soon, but in the meantime I can always change the line type.
could it be your pen settings?
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
The latest hotfix (#2) fixes the dotted line issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC11 (1259 USA Full) crashes when I try and publish a set of PDFs.
Learn and get certified!