BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Mountain Lion

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Is Graphisoft preparing for the release of Mountain Lion 10.8 later this month? I don't like being an early adopter, but sometimes I can't help myself.
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Because Apple just released the Gold Master for Mountain Lion two days ago - nearly a month after the release build of AC 16, it is possible that 16 (and 15) will require hotfixes if there are compatibility issues. It is possible that Mountain Lion will be available for download in the App Store before Graphisoft has their hotfix (if any) ready - because of the time it takes to go through the quality assurance process. Guess we'll see.

As many of us recommended last year with Lion - make a complete, bootable clone of your old OS before installing Mountain Lion just in case you must 'roll back' for some reason so you can avoid any major loss of time / productivity - whether related to ArchiCAD or any other software you run. External hard drives are cheap, or you can partition (one of) your internal drive to include a cloned bootable prior-OS. (I've kept a bootable Snow Leopard partition around in case I need any old PowerPC [PPC] apps - including ArchiCAD 9 or earlier, none of which can run under Lion or newer. Surprisingly, I haven't needed to boot into it once, but it's a nice safety net having the option.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Stephen wrote:
Is Graphisoft preparing for the release of Mountain Lion 10.8 later this month? I don't like being an early adopter, but sometimes I can't help myself.
Hi Stephen,

Yes we are preparing for it. We are testing ArchiCAD on Mountain Lion 10.8 and we plan to issue a hotfix around the public release of it if neccessary. We will keep you updated with news on this topic.

Kind regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Mountain Lion is here. See announcement here:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=40173