BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Panning in Mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have recently switched from the windows platform AC to mac platform. I've notice that the panning does not work in mac (holding onto scroll button on the mouse). Can anyone tell me if I could get the panning to work on the mac platform.

Cheers
8 REPLIES 8
Eduardo Rolon
This is about the 4th post about this in the last 2 weeks.

Here are all the recently available threads

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=21998

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=10785&start=30

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=22007

archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=114625&highlight=steermouse#114625

enjoy
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually, what I was looking for is the same function of the scroll button on a windows platform, i.e. able to pan while holding down the scroll button and full screen by double clicking the scroll button.
Eduardo Rolon
Since you are recent convert, the answer is yes you can pan in AC as in windows. Double clicking to maximize you have to program the mouse (it depends on model), for this you might try steermouse or USBoverdrive as stated on the other threads instead of Logitech's supplied drivers.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Isn't it also possible just to unistall the logitech mouse drivers and let windows take control?

Cheers,
Link.
Karl Ottenstein
ejrolon wrote:
Since you are recent convert, the answer is yes you can pan in AC as in windows. Double clicking to maximize you have to program the mouse (it depends on model), for this you might try steermouse or USBoverdrive as stated on the other threads instead of Logitech's supplied drivers.
Eduardo,

Your earlier recommendation of steermouse
http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/
is very much appreciated! Have been using it since then and find it superior to the logitech driver which I uninstalled. Couldn't find a way for double-wheel-click to be programmed for fit to window like on Windows, but I'm so used to cmd-' for that purpose that it doesn't matter much.

Rx, if you use Steermouse, just set the Middle Button to be Middle Click and pan works fine. If your Mac came with a mighty mouse, you don't need any additional software: just go to the Keyboard & Mouse panel of System Preferences, and set the wheel button to 'button 3' and the right button to 'secondary button' (right click is disabled out of the box).

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
Link wrote:
Isn't it also possible just to unistall the logitech mouse drivers and let windows take control?

Cheers,
Link.
Yep, but then you might get the pan+zoom problem.
__
Karl, glad you like it, with steermouse I was able to "unretire" my MX Laser mouse.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
ejrolon wrote:
Karl, glad you like it, with steermouse I was able to "unretire" my MX Laser mouse.
Ditto. My MX laser fits my (long-fingered) hand better than the diminutive Mighty Mouse, but Logitech's Mac drivers wouldn't let me assign functions to all of the buttons. The mouse even started tracking in crazy ways at times with the Logitech drivers. Steermouse has been rock stable.

Thanks again,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you don't want to purchase a mouse driver, you can just adjust the settings for the scroll wheel in the system preferences too.
Learn and get certified!