BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Problems installing AC 12 educational

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo everyone,
I have a small problem installing AC12 educational version. I had it installed and it worked perfectly. I had to reinstall the Windows on my computer so I saved the installation file a to different computer. After reinstalling the system I saved the file back to my computer. When I try to run the installation file nothing happens. The sign "Program too big to fit in memory" appears in the console window, the console window name says [Inactive Graphisoft-ArchiCAD-12-INT-En].
The same sign appears when I want to install the "ArchiCAD-11-INT-Modeling-Training Guide-Windows" file. ArchiCAD 11 and other AC11 training guides install with no problems.
Any ideas on what the problem is? Any installer missing?
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
My operating system is Windows XP home edition, Ram is 2 Gb, and 180 Gb hard drive.
Karl Ottenstein
When you reinstalled your OS, did you also reinstall Java? It is required by the ArchiCAD installer I think...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have Java installed, I guess it's not what the problem is. I downloaded the Modeling Training guide again just now and it installs with no problems. Probably the files got damaged when I was transferring them.

I guess I have to download the AC 12 again. Any advice on how to do it without registering again? Will my final educational version serial number work on newly downloaded ( registered ) AC 12 file?

Regards,
Oleg
Learn and get certified!