BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Quicktime Error Message When Starting ArchiCAD13 Student

Anonymous
Not applicable
I continue to get a quicktime error message when I start ArchiCAD. I have read several posts and have uninstalled and reinstalled quicktime, deleted Graphisoft shared folder, and uninstalled and reinstalled ArchiCAD with no luck. I have the student version so I am unable to refer to the ArchiCAD CD. Please help!
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Don't you have an "Install QuickTime" option in the installation program (the program you downloaded) that also installs ArchiCAD?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I do not have the option to install quicktime. I already had quicktime installed but I reinstalled it to be sure. I still get the error when starting ArchiCAD. I have Windows 7 and think that that may be the problem. If you know how to solve this issue, please let me know.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This page talks about this QuickTime problem:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD%2013%20Install%20Problems

When you start the installer, does it create a folder structure in a temporary location?
There should be a SUPPORT folder in there and you should find those QuickTime install files the article mentions.
Sorry, I don't have the student version so I cannot check.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem but with Archicad 14 and Windows 7. I installed quick time multiple times but nothing. The same error. I also downloaded GSQtComInstaller.exe and installed. Still nothing. Looking for answer.
Srinivas
Booster
mafte wrote:
I have the same problem but with Archicad 14 and Windows 7. I installed quick time multiple times but nothing. The same error. I also downloaded GSQtComInstaller.exe and installed. Still nothing. Looking for answer.
Hi,

Did you had any luck with this problem, I am having the same problem on one of the PC with windows Vista and latest version of Quick time on it, but the problem still seems to persist. Anyone had luck with this?

Thanks in advance.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you guys also try step 4?
4. If ArchiCAD still won't start, run the vcredist installers, also from the "SUPPORT" folder. (Run "vcredist_x86.exe" on 32-bit Windows, and both "vcredist_x64.exe" and "vcredist_x86.exe" on 64-bit Windows.)
I did the same thing recently and only after step 4 did ArchiCAD 13 and 14 start for me.
Srinivas
Booster
Hi Laszlo,

I am sure that I did the 4th step but with no luck, anyway I will try once again and will let you know.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to remove archicad and then quick time completely with all folders !!!Then start installation of archicad again/it install own quiktime automatically/ It helped me.
Learn and get certified!