BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Recover latest project

Caterina Nardo
Participant

By mistake I deleted the folder with all my design projects, IT experts recovered it but all the files are damaged and can not be opened. Is there any Graphisoft service that can help me to recover the file saved on December 2023 in my study version account ? I worked on this project for 6 months. THANK YOU! 

5 REPLIES 5
Botonis
Advisor

Have you tried "Open and repair selected file" through the open command inside Archicad?

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Barry Kelly

Was it a folder on your PC/laptop?

If so, does it have a recycle bin where you can retrieve it.

Or was it a cloud based folder?

They sometimes have backups and versioning as well, but that may depend on how long ago you deleted it.

If the recovered file has 0KB file size, then there is no hope for it.

If it looks normal then you can try the Open & Repair option as Botonis mentioned, or you could try to 'merge' it into a blank open file (template file with nothing modelled in it).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Dear Botonis,

Thank you for your reply! Yes, i tried, and it says "Impossible to read the file", however it has 22MB

Dear Barry,

Thank you so much for your reply!  I deleted the whole folder with all my design files, and i emptied the wastebin. The design folder was inside the "Mother" folder that i didnot use for years, and i was using a shortcut from the desktop to open "Design" folder. The folder was deleted a month ago.

The recovered files won't open, however the file has 22MB, and when i open a new Achicad file i see the picture of all the projects with the comment "unavailable".

When i open it says "Impossible to read the plan", and when i try the recovery it says "Currently the file can not be opened due to the following reasons: - the other user is reading it, - the access as a result o fthe publishing only  - the access to the file is protected on the system level".

I wonder if all Achicad files are saved in some cloud account authomatically by Graphisoft server.

Thank you again! Any comment or idea is highly appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Caterina

File size seems reasonable.

But if it was recovered by piecing together deleted data from your hard drive, it may not be a complete file - hence it wont open.

If you open Archicad and browse for the file, it will show you the version it was created in.

BarryKelly_0-1688448142935.png

If it show nothing or "0" then I am afraid it is a corrupt file.

You could try your local Archicad support people.

But I am not sure if they can or would be willing to help unless you have a service agreement with them (or maybe if you have an educational license they will be willing to help).

This link will hopefully give you your local support if you don't know who they are ... https://graphisoft.com/contact-us

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!