Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Vista problems

Tom Krowka
Booster
We purchased a new laptop, had Vista installed. Not working very well with AC11. Can't seem to open it all the way. This laptop has lots of ram, great gforce video card, plenty of memory. This should not be happening. Reseller doesn't know what the problem is, sent the issue to GS.
Anybody else having problems with Vista.

Also having a problem with AC11 and the pdf. When publishing to pdf, everything looks great on the layouts. However, when opening the PDF with Adobe reader..... no text. Did the same thing with AC 10, looks great.......kinda irritated.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
Tom wrote:
Also having a problem with AC11 and the pdf. When publishing to pdf, everything looks great on the layouts. However, when opening the PDF with Adobe reader..... no text. Did the same thing with AC 10, looks great.......kinda irritated.
I am guessing you are using Acrobat 8.1?
I had the same trouble.
Went back to Acrobat 8.0 and all is good.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
Had the prob. in Adobe Reader V8. Updated to v8.1, had the problem there also. It does not occur if I marquee and print, only if I publish.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Chris Phillips
Contributor
Try on printing from acrobat to go to advanced, and the print image. this should get something out!
Tom Krowka
Booster
The text does not show up on the pdf when opened. Will it plot out anyway as if it is really there?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello! the AC11 requirements don't mention compatibility with vista home? should that be a problem? do i have to upgrade to the ultimate versionbefore installing it?
Tom Krowka
Booster
I believe V11 is supposed to be compatible with Vista. I seem to be having some problems with a project that was actually started in V8, and has been worked on in every version so far. Intermittant problems with other projects as well.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Pete
Newcomer
I am having this problem with AC11 whether on Vista or XP. Some fonts do not PDF correctly. In particular, when the font is used in a title block hotlinked to an external drawing and the same font is used in drawings placed on a layout that includes that title block. ODD.

I am really unhappy that the "new improved" PDF creation in AC11 has very few of the options we had with the Amyuni driver. Options like font embedding and multi language support are missing. Of course Acrobat has even more options & control but the basics were well handled by Amyuni and apparently not by AC11.
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Tom Krowka
Booster
My dealer told me that problem appears to be with the pdf driver. Temporary solution until GS gets back from their month long Aug. vacation has been to publish pdf's but selecting the Amuyni from the printer selection in the publisher dialogue box. Works great. The only problem is that each layout has to be done individually. Can't publish many layouts at once.
I hope GS can fix this problem. The no font issue is a major problem for me. None of my previous project will print any font with the typical pdf driver. I find it hard to believe GS would issue a new version and then go on vacation for a month. I would think GS would realize there would be bugs to work out right after a new release. Wish I could be so independent.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Pete
Newcomer
Tom,
On XP with AC10 I always used the Amyuni printer driver by selecting multiple layouts in the navigator (not publisher) window. In the print dialogue, click "selected" not "current" layout and you will get a multi-sheet PDF.

I can use Amyuni successfully with AC11 on WinXP.

Vista, however does not support AC10 or Amyuni (which was part of the AC10 installation). So my Vista machine is dysfunctional at the moment.
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)