BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

WIBU key not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was transferring files to an external USB hardrive, which was taking a few minutes.

I pulled out my WIBU key during this time. Now when I reinsert it into any computer and try to run ArchiCAD 13, the computer cannot even find the WIBU key and it only wants to start in Demo mode.

I think the key is now defunct.

I have tried re-installing current WIBU drivers on the computer, but the computers still can't detect the key.

Has anyone else had this trouble? It is now the long weekend and I can't contact Graphisoft for several days.
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Not heard of anything happening like this, although there are reports of keys going bad.

Power your computer down completely, unplug the power cable if it is a tower, what a bit and then restart, just in case the USB ports got hosed.

Then, go to the GS upgrade web site which can read your WIBU key information even without a driver:

https://upgrade.graphisoft.com/

If the info cannot be retrieved there, then the key must be bad ... and only option is to wait for your local GS office to re-open. Sorry.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,

thanks for the link, but no joy.

I followed the instructions and tried to scan for the port but it didn't find the key, and then just gave me the option to try re-scanning the ports.

I will try to find other things to do on my project and contact Graphisoft next week. Hopefully it will not take long to get a replacement.
Learn and get certified!